cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward: Original Called Number - First Redirect - Last Redirect - How to configure what to show

mariorusso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm triyng to understand on CUCM 10 if it's possible to configure what called-extension have to show on a calling ip-phone, becouse some customers want that the caller sees the redirect number configured in the call-forward fields while others don't (i.e.: becouse they want hide their cell. numbers).

What i found is that in the Service parameters there is a global parameter "Always Display Original Dialed Number Required Field" --> TRUE: in this way every one sees the original called number.

Other wise if i leave FALSE the CUCM always shows the last redirect number, i mean:

EXAMPLE: Directory Number A is forwarded on DN B that is forwarded on on DN C, if DN D calls DN A sees DN C on the display

How i can accomplish to have both:

1) The Caller have to see Original Called Number: refer to the Example: D calls A --> D have to see A (no matter how many forwards are configured)

2) The Caller have to see the First Redirect Number: refer to the Example: D calls A --> D have to see B (no matter how many forwards are configured)

Thank you very much

Mario

6 Replies 6

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

AFAIK you can achieve only either of the requirement at a time. 

Although worth checking the parameter available on device page viz 'Remote number calling party CSS' which can combine with service parameter (apply transformation on remote number) to manipulate the connected number, but in that case you need to know prior to making any configuration that which all users will forward the call to which extension, which is not practically possible.

- Vivek

Thank you Vivek for the answer,

so becouse it's impossible to have both requirements working at same time, do you know if it's possible to have the First redirect number and not the Last, i mean scenario n° 2)  --> when D calls A, D have to see B ?

Hi,

IMO, D has choice to see either A or C number, but not B. I don't see any configuration which can control this behavior, unless someone else here would have used it before.

- Vivek

Hi,

so maybe i have found a solution to this:

1) Leave the global parameter "Always Display Original Dialed Number Required Field" --> FALSE

2) Then for people who don't want to show the forwarded number on their DN:

a) Configure a new partition: PA_Hide_FW

b) Configure a ne CSS: CSS_Hide_FW

c) Configure a new Route Pattern that can be called only from that CSS; in the Connected Party  Transformation --> Connected Line ID Presentation choose "Restricted"

d) Now In the DN configuration for the Forward CSS choose the CSS_Hide_FW

In this way when D calls A, D sees Unknown.

Mario

Hi,

Seems in this way, will only work if forwarded number is external and still you won't be able to see B's number instead will see Unknown.

Anyway, thanks for sharing [+5].

- Vivek

Yes, 

right, it works when the call-forwarded number is external and you want hide it.

Thank you Vivek.

Mario