Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding does not work - Returns Fast Busy Tone

masiyus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I currently have an issue with call forwarding, I already configuration call forwarding in DN Cisco Call Manager with the same CSS to the Intercluster DN. but when I test call to the ext has fast return Busy Tone.

*Flow Call Forwarding :

Customers have called the number PSTN On site A and then connect to IVR.

Customer can push number 5 to input destination ext

If the ext cannot answer the call, the call should be forward to Site B (ext)

currently, if the call cannot answer, I have a fast return busy tone. Maybe Did I miss something in the configuration or setup?

I really thank you if we have a solution to this problem

Thank you,

Yusron Muzaki

8 Replies 8

First Check if forwarding is working internally. Make a call to the extension and see if it forward to site b extension. 

Response Signature

Hello nithin,

thankyou for responding.

i already check and test. If the forwarding to internal is working fine. But if I set forwarding to external. I have fast return busy ringing.

thankyou

Yusron muzaki 

Can you tell if the call is sent out to the PSTN and if so what response you get from your Telco?

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Connectivity to pstn I think there is no problem. Because if I try incoming or outgoing call there is no problem. 
maybe any suggestion?

thankyou

yusron muzaki

My suggestion would be to look at the call flow and track down where it fails. You have not given the information needed for anyone external to your system to be able to give you any detailed description that could help you sort this out.

Response Signature

can you explain the connectivity between site A and site B.

what i understood is, a pstn user called ur DID and from IVR he press 5 to dial the site A extension. and if not answered, the call will be transferred to site B. and both site A  and site B CUCMs are connected through some sort of trunk.

correct me if i am wrong.

Response Signature

Hi nithin.

Yes thats correct. Have you suggestion to fix this problem?

thankyou

yusron muzaki

what codec are u using between these sites ? whats the codec settings within same location.

Response Signature