Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Dump Script

mvarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyone used the call handler dump script on Unity 3.X?

I've tried to run this script which I got from unity tools. It just fails immediately stating "Error... somthing I wasn't expecting"

Anyone know how to get around this? I'm migrating a Unity system with 50 call handlers and 4 different languages, sure would be a help.

thanks,

mark

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The call handler dump script is for 2.x systems only (the compatibility matrix at the top of the page for each tool lists all versions it's compatible with). It wont fly on anything newer than 2.4.x

You can get a similiar output (at least so far as the key mappings are concerned) using the audio text manager tool - you can get the 3.x version here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_AudioTextManager3.htm

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the response.

The compatibility on this page:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Script_CallHandlerDump.htm

states that it's compatible with any version of 3.x so that confused me.

Any plans for call handler import export capable tools for the later systems like 3.x and 4.x?

Mark

OK, first, I updated that page with a 2nd script that will run with 3.1(x) and 4.0(x) versions of Unity - if you're not, be sure you save target as and copy it localy, run it and wait for it to finish loading before hitting the button - it can take a second or two to load the ActiveX control for the DOH access. It'll normally ask you if you want to load the ActiveX control (if you have security stuff turned on in IE).

You'll see both a version for 2.x and early 3.0(x) versions as well as 3.1(x) and 4.x versions out here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Script_CallHandlerDump.htm

The problem was sometime in late 3.0(x), early 3.1(x) they changed the security context for logging onto the DOH... you had to use the fancy new "logonselective" instead of the old "logon" routine. It seems to work fine on my 4.0(4) box at home and I'm sure it'll work back through 3.1(x) versions as well.

As for an import/export tool for handlers - this is actually a bit more work than it sounds - I went down that path in 2.x land and it turned out to be a bit of a black hole. Since handlers can reference and are referenced by other objects in the DB, pulling just the handlers out and restoring them onto another system does a bit of violence to the database which is tough to clean up nicely. It's a chunk of work that I intended to add to the Audio Text Manager application but never got around to it - I don't get many requets for it and with resources spread thin, I jump on the biggest fires first...

Excellent!

Got it and it works great!

thanks for all of your work on all of these tools, they are very useful.

Mark

Jeff, did you ever get around to creating a an export/import tool for call handlers? i have a customer that is migrating one unity server (from a company they purchased) into their existing Unity server. they have over 200 ch's on the unity server and migrating manually will be quite a painfull process.

thanks!

adignan - berbee

No - the overhead for a migration tool for handlers was too much to take on in the background. Too much other stuff on the plate to take it on.

sorry.

as always, thanks for the response.

adignan - berbee