cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Greeting length in Unity

willamalane
Level 1
Level 1

We have Unity Connection 5.0. I've set up information only lines for our patrons but cannot record anything of length as the greeting on call handlers is only 90 seconds. Is there any way to lengthen it? Or a way around it ? Thanks,

Lauren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Great stuff Lauren! It's always a good feeling to cross something off the proverbial "things to do" list. Love the humor as well :)

Take care,

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lauren,

My understanding is that the Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

If enabled, a warning tone will sound before the maximum greeting length is reached.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008014f9da.html#1057646

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob - I got back from vacation and was thrilled to find your message... Maybe an answer! Your description sounds like it is probably for Cisco Unity rather than for Unity Connections. Mine is an abreviated version of Unity and does not have the same settings apparently. I do have COS - but cannot asign one to a Call Handler - only to specific VM boxes. In the COS, I can change the length of the greeting. In our system a User if an actual VM box. I'm hoping you will see this as the ramblings of an idiot and tell me that you are indeed talking about Unity Connections and will then clarify for me what I cannot see.... As an aside, since I was gone so long, the link you provided was no longer working.

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Striking out all around,

Lauren

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lauren,

Welcome back from vacation :) I was actually referring to the COS of the Subscriber who is recording the Call Handler Greetings not a COS for the Call Handler itself. Try changing the COS for a Subscriber to allow a Maximum Greeting Length higher than 90 seconds and then try to re-record the Greeting. This should work;

Greeting Length

Do the following procedure to specify how long the recorded greeting of a user can be.

To Specify Maximum Length of User Greetings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the COS that you want to change, or create a new one.

Step 2 On the Edit Class of Service page, under Greetings, enter the maximum length in seconds in the field.

Step 3 Click Save.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user_mac_cmbe/guide/6xcucmbemac050.html#wpmkr1060743

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, You are AWESOME, DUUUDE! (Actually, I don't speak that way in person). Thank you so much - that worked!! I just tested it out and found that it indeed allows me as much time as I set up in the COS. In Unity Connections, we have ... Users. I was able to assign a COS to myself as User, then add myself as Owner to a Call Handler, then record. Phew, I can't tell you how this will affect things in my organization. It's Big. I can FINALLY complete something! YeeeeHAAWWW. Thanks again!

Lauren

Great stuff Lauren! It's always a good feeling to cross something off the proverbial "things to do" list. Love the humor as well :)

Take care,

Rob