cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Greeting too long?? Unity 4.0(4)

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

Is there a limit on how long Call Handler Greetings can be? I have 5 or 6 Call Handlers that have long messages, about 2 to 3 minutes each. This is part of an Auto Attendant where people call in to listen to pre-recorded information.

The problem is, I am attempting to add another call handler, but it won't accept a recording over 90 seconds long. I am recording from a phone through the Unity Admin page. I appears to accept the call, but when I hit save it shows a message length of 1:30, and the message is cut off after 1 minute, 30 seconds.

How can I change this? Are there any limits to the total greeting recording length?

Thanks, Randy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is limited by the Class of Service of the user you are recording the greetings with. If you look at the COS for this user and go to the Greetings page you'll see amaximum greeting length of 90 seconds - you can bump this to 999 seconds (around 17 minutes).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is limited by the Class of Service of the user you are recording the greetings with. If you look at the COS for this user and go to the Greetings page you'll see amaximum greeting length of 90 seconds - you can bump this to 999 seconds (around 17 minutes).

Thanks. All of these call handlers are owned by the Example Administrator, and I had already recorded some 3 minute greetings with no problem. I changed the greeting length under CoS to 600 seconds and will try it again.

Randy

The _owner_ of the call handler doesn't matter - it's the user who is actually changing the greeting at the time (either over the phone or from the SA) that has the limitation of their COS applied.