cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Question

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

We have a call handler that we are using for AA to provide greeting and staff the option of mailbox access and non DDI extension access before we forward to receptionist (Call Manager Pilot Point for attendant console). One greeting for office hours and one for out of hours which takes messages.

We have had a request to remove the greeting during office hours so the call rings the Pilot Point straight away, but still need greeting and message taking option for out of hours.

I have change the standard greeting from the current recording to blank, and the option after greeting is to attempt transfer to Pilot Point. This sort of works, but I get the system prompt of 'wait while I transfer your call', then a second or two of MoH before the Pilot Point rings.

Any way I can stop the system prompt and MoH before the transfer so that the caller only hears ringing tone? Here is how call comes in:

PSTN Via GW -> CTI Route Point -> Unity -> CM Pilot Point -> Attendant Console User

TIA

D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check out this thread for information on how to replace that system prompt with a blank one so you wont hear that any longer:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee8253b/1#selected_message

just remember it's not TAC supported and the change will be removed when you upgrade so you'll have to remember to reapply it afterwards.

Not much you can do about the MOH there - it's being provided by the switch, not Unity.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check out this thread for information on how to replace that system prompt with a blank one so you wont hear that any longer:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee8253b/1#selected_message

just remember it's not TAC supported and the change will be removed when you upgrade so you'll have to remember to reapply it afterwards.

Not much you can do about the MOH there - it's being provided by the switch, not Unity.

Many thanks for this. I'll have a play and see how it goes.

Regards

David