cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager thumbnailPhoto with Jabber and UDS

dlinds1234
Level 1
Level 1

Have a question that I've tried googling but can't find anything that gives me the answer I need.

Call Manager: 10.5.2.12901-1

Jabber Client: Any

So after lots of testing I figured out how to get the thumbnailPhoto attribute to show up, but it will only when the Service Profile is set to NOT use UDS For Contact Resolution. Which would be find to leave off, except when we make a call from a CSF, the hard phone on the receiving end shows as COMPANY COMPANY COMPANY (XXX-XXX-XXXX). Once we turn UDS back on, receiving end caller ID shows whatever is input for "Display (Caller ID)" for the CSF but the photos then disappear from Jabber. 

Is there any way to get the thumbnailPhotos to show up inside of Jabber while having Use UDS For Contact Resolution turned on? We do not currently have a Jabber-Config.xml

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DirSync on CUCM does not ingest the thumbnailPhoto (or jpegPhoto) attribute. Without that, the Jabber client cannot retrieve photos from the UDS service.

Your only option for photos with UDS is to have the Jabber client retrieve them from a web server. You can write a script that exports from LDAP and creates jpeg files.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_9/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber_chapter_0100.html#CJAB_RF_C273D123_00

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DirSync on CUCM does not ingest the thumbnailPhoto (or jpegPhoto) attribute. Without that, the Jabber client cannot retrieve photos from the UDS service.

Your only option for photos with UDS is to have the Jabber client retrieve them from a web server. You can write a script that exports from LDAP and creates jpeg files.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_9/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-for-cisco-jabber_chapter_0100.html#CJAB_RF_C273D123_00