Views
Helpful
Replies

Call restriction on CUCM 6.0

nikolaratkovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

I am new in this world, and i've one question for now. My problem is how to configure call restriction on CUCM 6.0? I need to block user with local 5099 to make any call after office hours.

If anyone can help me, I'll be grateful!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nikola,

Since you want that ext 5099 should not be able to make any calls after business hours, you can use TOD routing in the following way:-

1. All the partitions which the ext. 5099 currently has, must not be enabled for TOD restrictions. Hence you can create time period and time schedule as indicated in the above docs.

2. Create equal number of new partitions which are currently assigned to phone 5099's CSS.Assign these time schedules to these new partitions.

3. Create a new CSS say CSS_5099 and assign all these new TOD resticted partitions to it.

4. Assign the new CSS_5099 to the ext 5099.

Now the ext 5099 will be able to make outbound calls only during business hours. During non-business hours, its CSS will be logically empty and hence will not be able to make outbound calls.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use TOD.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for fast reply,

I found there how to do call forwarding when someone call me after working hours. But I need restriction for outgoing call from local 5099.

First I configured Time period for after work hours, then defined Time shedule and then Partition. With this Partition I need to properly configure CSS, and that is the problem. I'm not doing something right.

If you want I can give you some further information, like printscreen or anything...

TOD logic is very simple.

You add both partitions to the CSS, you create 2 DNs with the same pattern (one in each partition).

CUCM will only add one of those partitions to the phone routing table depending on the schedule you configured.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Nikola,

Since you want that ext 5099 should not be able to make any calls after business hours, you can use TOD routing in the following way:-

1. All the partitions which the ext. 5099 currently has, must not be enabled for TOD restrictions. Hence you can create time period and time schedule as indicated in the above docs.

2. Create equal number of new partitions which are currently assigned to phone 5099's CSS.Assign these time schedules to these new partitions.

3. Create a new CSS say CSS_5099 and assign all these new TOD resticted partitions to it.

4. Assign the new CSS_5099 to the ext 5099.

Now the ext 5099 will be able to make outbound calls only during business hours. During non-business hours, its CSS will be logically empty and hence will not be able to make outbound calls.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

Thanks a lot, you helped me a lot ... everything works great!!!