cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager failed to connect to datasource

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

This morning I had an issue with my CUCM publisher (v10.5.2) with the following error:

SyslogSeverityMatchFound events generated: 

SeverityMatch : Alert

MatchedEvent : Mar  5 07:25:18 CUCMPUB01 local7 1 ccm: 3080: CUCMPUB01.domain.com: Mar 05 2018 13:25:18.4 UTC :  %UC_CALLMANAGER-1-DBLException: %[ErrorCode=-908][ExceptionString=Failed to connect to datasource: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Attempt to connect to database server (cucmpub01_ccm][AppID=Cisco CallManager][ClusterID=CUCMCluster][NodeID=CUCMPUB01]: An error occurred while performing database activities AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent ClusterID : 

NodeID : CUCMPUB01

Phones were ok on the subscriber but there were a couple of applciations that were attempting to register to the publisher but failed.

has anyone seen a similar issue and any idea on what the route cause of this error is?  the only similar issue i have found is bug ID CSCur38197 but that is related to CUCM and IM&P connectivity 

thanks

1 Reply 1

Aeby Vinod
Level 3
Level 3
The exception is on the Data Base Layer with an error code of 908, I remember vaguely that its something to do with duplicate registrations, but I might be wrong, if you want me to take a look at the logs do attach Database logs, CCM traces and event viewer logs for that time stamp, tshooting would be faster if there is access to the UCM so if its urgent then please open a TAC case.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby