cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls transferred to the operator after greeting in auto attendant goes on hold.

Sachin Shinde
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

My setup is simple. Please find below call flow,

User calls board number.

Board Number is associated with  CTI RP

CTI RP is forwarded to Voice Mail.

Call Handler is configured with same Board Number with standard greeting after greeting call is transferred to another call handler whose transferred rule is set to Operators extension.

My issue is when ever any one calls on board number script runs  and after script caller listens three beep sounds just like when call is put on hold.

any work around for this type of issue?

Note: my setup has CUCM & CUC version is 11.5 and gateway  configured as MGCP

Thanks in advance

sachin s

5 Replies 5

How did you configure the another call handler whose transferred rule is set to Operators extension ?

Under the field "Extension or URI" there's a parameter called "Transfer Type". I suppose you put it as "Supervise Transfer".

This would typically put the call on hold, then Unity Connection calls the operator and when the operator picks up the call is transferred to her. The caller should be meanwhile listening to a the Music On Hold (or the 3 beeps if the IP Voice Media Streaming App service is not activated or if you -generally speaking- have an issue in MoH feature).

So typically you have two options :

- You solve your MoH issue, and then the caller will listen to Music on Hold as the call is transferred, instead of the beeps

- You put the parameter "Transfer Type" to "Release to switch" which will blinding transfer the call to the operator and thus you will directly hear the ringback of the operators phone.

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for your reply !!!

In second call handler i have set transferred type to "Release to switch"

After greeting caller gets three Beep sound but at the same there is no ring at operator's extension.

After greeting caller get message  "wait while i transfer your call" and caller gets beep sound timely and call last for next 15 seconds and gets disconnect (The call does not reach operator extension)

also in script we have the option ,to "dial the extension if you know" that as well goes in to beep sound and call does not reach the extension.

i have unblock the pattern for 5 digit extension in system default transfer under restriction table.

This is the actual issue that i am facing.

What would you suggest further to look into.

Thanks,

Sachin Shinde

So you mean that the Auto Attendant by itself is not working, is it ?

Because as I understood in your first message that the Auto Attendant just works fine but you are only annoyed by the beeps. But Here I see that calls are not even reaching the operator nor other users.

If so, please double check that Voicemail ports have the appropriate calling search space to reach internal users. (menu Advanced Features, Voicemail then Voicemail Ports in CUCM)

I highly appreciate your prompt reply.

AA is not working as i mentioned in my last message.

Sure i will have to check CSS of  Voice Mail ports can reach extension that is required.

Thank You,

Sachin S

Hi,

CSS assigned to the voice mail ports are reachable to the partition configured for  extensions.

Any other thing to check?

Sachin S.