Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls with video not working between cluster

luismgallop
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts, 

I have a CUCM 11.5 and a CUCM 8.6 integrated via SIP Trunk.

On CUCM 11.5 I have 9951 phones.

On CUCM 8.6 I have 8945 phones. 

Video calls in same CUCM cluster are working just fine. Video calls between cluster are not working though.  

What I'm seeing on the logs is that CUCM 8.6 sends a re-invite telling that video capabilities are not an option when the call is initiated from CUCM 11.5. 

When the call is initiated from CUCM 8.6, the endpoint sends the sdp message with all the video capabilities, but CUCM 8.6 sends the Invite to CUCM 11.5 without the video capabilities information on the sdp. 

I'm able to see error 14:52:07.990 |!!ERROR!! -MediaManager-(2712)::mapVideoCallToMMCallType, Due to bandwidth restriction, the call is set to audio only|1,100,63,1.38358^172.16.100.145^*

I think this is because the phone is sending on the sdp b=TIAS:2000000 and the region is set to 1500 kbps on the trunk. I'll try to increase the max video bandwidth on the region to 2000kbps. 

However, I'd like to know if is possible to decrease the bandwidth on the initial sip invite send by the phone. 

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: