Views
Helpful
Replies

Can anyone help with UC520?

rodinardavani
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help with UC520?

I recently got a UC520 off marketplace, and I'm wondering that how can I upgrade the software pack to 8.6.2. with the device having 128mb of storage so I can run my CP7970, just for now, my only way to get the 7970 working is that I have to reset the phone by connecting it to the TFTP server, and whenever I plug it back in to the UC520, it sometimes works, and it sometimes doesn't after a restart.

And also, another question is that will the license be deleted if I factory reset the device? because I have no information about the license, but it has a license on it which is this: 

rodinardavani_0-1704104245966.png

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The answer to the first questio is: If you create a VLAN on UC500 it would start to TAG the L2 traffic on the GigabitEthernet interface  with the defined VLAN ID so the Switch port where the UC is connected to, should be configured as Trunk Port allowing defined VLANs on UC.

The second question: for sure you will lost the communication with the UC so you should be connected to the console port before proceeding on factory reset.

Please let me know if you have further queries.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

Hi.

You should use a console cable to connect to the UC500 console

CarloPoggiarelli_0-1704366441578.jpeg

not an Ethernet Cable 

Use a software suche as putty or moba term to connect.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi,

Unfortunately UC520 went  in EoL ages ago and software is no longer available on cisco side. A factory reset does not wipe the license just removes all the configuration.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi, thank you very much for your help and information, I understand that now the UC520 doesn't have any available software.

I am now trying to rest the device, but I am encountering a problem, which is this: 

rodinardavani_0-1704133812873.png

Happy New Year!

Regards,

rodinardavani

Happy new year you too!

I prefer reset the config via CLI

UC520#service in0/0 session

se-10-1-10-1#offline

se-10-1-10-1(offline)#restore factory default 

Please let me know 

Cheers

Carlo

Hi, I have 2 questions, so first thing is that I have lost the voice VLan on the UC520 and when I try to create/modify the VLan, the UC520 becomes unreachable, and I have to hard re-start it (unplugging it and plugging it back). (Please refer to screenshots)

2. I would like to reset the UC520 to factory defaults, but any way that I try, I cannot reset it because the device will become unreachable again. (please also refer to screenshots)

Please note that I am not a pro in networking, so please kindly let me have clear and basic answers

Static Routing.jpg

UC520 IP address.jpg

VLAN Overview.jpg

DHCP Binding.jpg

DHCP Exclusion.jpg

DHCP Pool.jpg

Extension Properties.jpg

       

Hi,

The answer to the first questio is: If you create a VLAN on UC500 it would start to TAG the L2 traffic on the GigabitEthernet interface  with the defined VLAN ID so the Switch port where the UC is connected to, should be configured as Trunk Port allowing defined VLANs on UC.

The second question: for sure you will lost the communication with the UC so you should be connected to the console port before proceeding on factory reset.

Please let me know if you have further queries.

Regards

Carlo

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will try your suggested solutions, also another question, If I want to plug the ethernet to the console, should I use telnet/CLI? if yes, may you please help me with the commands? 

Hi.

You should use a console cable to connect to the UC500 console

CarloPoggiarelli_0-1704366441578.jpeg

not an Ethernet Cable 

Use a software suche as putty or moba term to connect.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Thank you very much for your information!

Right now, I have ordered the console cable from Amazon, and I will download the putty software. I will receive the cable within few hours. What would be the next stage after I connect to the console?