cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CUCM ver8 be set up to "roll" to different numbers?

Mike_Francisco
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all!

First off, please forgive me if I don't always use the correct technical jargon in my posts and if this post runs exceedingly long.  My background in IT is mostly sel-taught and much heavier in the areas of hardware/infrastructure troubleshooting so, I have very little expeience with the vast majority of CISCO products (other than the ones I use on a regular basis).

Anyway, that said what I am requesting help with is this:

Our campus recently had its phone system upgraded from an old Nortel system to a CISCO VoIP system that is managed (if I am not mistaken) by the CISCO Unity Call Manager ver8.  Now back when we had the OLD system our telecomm guys were able to program "rollovers" that allowed a call to a specific telephone number (in this case the MAIN phone nuber of the High School) to "roll" to a predetermined list of OTHER numbers in order until a) someone answered the phone or b)it was picked up by the original intended recipients voicemail.

Since installing the new VoIP system we have been receiving numerous complaints from parents about not being able to connect to a, "live" human being.  Our school district is situated in what is still considered a small county and our school is almost smack in the middle of it so, the residents whose children attend here are not very tech savvy nor do they have the patience to sit through the whole auto-attendant script to get them to where they need to be.  Besides, most of the time what happens is if they DO listen to the entire script by that time they've forgotten what they were trying to do in the first place.

Anyway, our district IS Dept claims that there is NO way to set CUCM or the auto attendabt to function like the old Nortel system as I have described it above.  As sophisticated as CISCO products are I have a hard time believing that to be true.  So, if anyone can help me out or at least help me point my district IS people in the right direction I would truly appreciate it!

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

loucanick
Level 1
Level 1

Yes..you can have calls 'roll' to other numbers until someone answers...

You need to configure a Hunt Pilot, which calls a Hunt List, which specifies one or more Line Groups...the Line Groups will contain the Directory Numbers of the phones you want to ring...you can do them sequentially, or broadcast the call to all the phones at once...

So when the call comes in to Callmanager, the number called needs to go to a Hunt Pilot to get to this path...

Not hard to do and works great.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

loucanick
Level 1
Level 1

Yes..you can have calls 'roll' to other numbers until someone answers...

You need to configure a Hunt Pilot, which calls a Hunt List, which specifies one or more Line Groups...the Line Groups will contain the Directory Numbers of the phones you want to ring...you can do them sequentially, or broadcast the call to all the phones at once...

So when the call comes in to Callmanager, the number called needs to go to a Hunt Pilot to get to this path...

Not hard to do and works great.

Thanks! I figured there had to be a way to do it. I will forward this on to our district IS dept.

Thank you, again!