Replies

Can't Delete Partition from Cisco Unity 8.x

Mike Wagner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to delete a partition and am receiving this error:

"Operation cannot be completed because the object is in use."

I had previously confirmed that there are no subscribers remaining in the partition. I've checked all the other settings and can find no remaining reference to the partition anywhere. I've downloaded the Cisco Utilities Data Link for Informix (CUDLI) in order to get a better look at the raw database and would like to build a query to find out where the partition is being referenced, but I'm not familiar with the syntax. Would anyone know of a query I can run, either in CUDLI or from the Unity CLI, that would show me what setting is referencing this partition?

Thanks for your time.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

I have seen a few cases where this issue is caused by the following bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtl80493/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thanks, Manish, that was exactly the problem. I opened a ticket with Cisco TAC and they were able to fix the problem.

In case it helps someone else, the resolution in our case was pretty straightforward:

-SSH into Unity Publisher

-This command was run:
 admin:run cuc dbquery unitydirdb select s.alias,c.partitionobjectid,s.partitionobjectid from vw_subscriber s,

vw_callhandlerprimary c where s.objectid=c.recipient_subscriberobjectid and s.partitionobjectid != c.partitionobjectid

-This returned a table such as the sample shown below:

alias         partitionobjectid                     partitionobjectid
------------  ------------------------------------  ------------------------------------
JohnDoe    212a32a4-aacc-420f-8e4c-b2f5cd78a78a    897b7d82-5ac2-461e-bb1e-43dcf348fcb2

-The first column represents the bad value, the second column what the partition value really should be (and what appears in the web interface).

-Then for each user a command was run to correct the problem, such as this:

admin:run cuc dbquery unitydirdb update tbl_handler set partitionobjectid='897b7d82-5ac2-461e-bb1e-43dcf348fcb2' where

displayname='JohnDoe'

-Then you should be able to delete the partition in the web interface. Hope this displays correctly when posted, and reproduce these steps at your own risk!

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for updating the post.

Manish