cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't import user with Exchange 2003 to Unity 4.0.1

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

We had a user quit and return 2 weeks later. Her account in AD was kept, but her e-mail and voicemail were deleted. When we enabled her AD account and created a new e-mail box she can work fine on network and outlook. However, Unity 4.0.1 can't see her when I try to create a voicemail box for her by using the "import from exchange feature". Anyone know why or how to fix this?

Geoff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's likely that the Unity properties for that user are still on the AD account and Unity wont let you import it again because it thinks they're alread a subscriber. If you had deleted them as a subscriber first before deleting their box in AD then this wouldn't be an issue - but assuming that wasn't the case I'm guessing this is your problem.

The easiest way to do this is to pop open the Global Subscriber Manager tool in the Tools Depot on your desktop. Navigate to the Unity server you want and right click and select "Import User" from the drop down menu. From the resulting Import User dialog box, navigate to the AD folder the user is in and right click on them - if the option of "Remove Subscriber Properties" appears, select it and they will be "cleaned". Then you can right click on them again and import them (or do it through the SA at that point if you really want to).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's likely that the Unity properties for that user are still on the AD account and Unity wont let you import it again because it thinks they're alread a subscriber. If you had deleted them as a subscriber first before deleting their box in AD then this wouldn't be an issue - but assuming that wasn't the case I'm guessing this is your problem.

The easiest way to do this is to pop open the Global Subscriber Manager tool in the Tools Depot on your desktop. Navigate to the Unity server you want and right click and select "Import User" from the drop down menu. From the resulting Import User dialog box, navigate to the AD folder the user is in and right click on them - if the option of "Remove Subscriber Properties" appears, select it and they will be "cleaned". Then you can right click on them again and import them (or do it through the SA at that point if you really want to).

Thanks Jeff, you are the man!

I have the same problem. I went to GSM, found the subscriber and did “Remove Subscriber Properties". After that nothing happen. I cannot import the subscriber again. Any idea why?