Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot select iso file for migrate/install in PCD 10.5

Minh Tran
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have just installed PCD 10.5 in my lab in order to test its functions but when i add migrate/install task, PCD could not see any file in /fresh_install which I have uploaded earlier. You can find my SS here for more details. Please help, thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PCD will only recognize the files if they're named properly.

That's not the proper name format for fresh install files, correct that and you should be able to use them.

Just as if you were trying to upgrade you cannot simply rename the file to CUCMupgrade10.ISO and expect PCD to recognize it as a valid file. It would only recognize the file with a properly formatted filename: UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.2.11900-3.sgn.iso

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am just guessing :

Did u upload the files using adminsftp as username and password as admin ?If yes, could be a bug.

Managing Files In the SFTP Datastore

The SFTP datastore page shows the .iso and .cop files that have been transferred to the Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment server using SFTP . To place a file on the Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment server, for use in a migration, install or upgrade task - use an sftp client and login as "adminsftp" (use the admin password as your password).

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_pcd-administration-guide-1051/CUCM_BK_U35347D2_00_ucmap-administration-guide-1051_chapter_0111.html

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I have uploaded the file using adminsftp and also i did try re-install PCD (software i got from Cisco DVD) 3rd time already. It always happen, let me describe more:

1. After uploaded to sftp, PCD doesn't let me browse the file unless I change the filename.
  2. After I changed the filename, I can browse but cannot see any file at all, just like the SS.

I'll try to install it 1 more time.

PCD will only recognize the files if they're named properly.

That's not the proper name format for fresh install files, correct that and you should be able to use them.

Just as if you were trying to upgrade you cannot simply rename the file to CUCMupgrade10.ISO and expect PCD to recognize it as a valid file. It would only recognize the file with a properly formatted filename: UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.2.11900-3.sgn.iso

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank Jaime, I tried and it worked (after i re-install PCD).

[+5]  to Jaime.

regds,

aman

Hi Jaime, I am planning on doing a direct refresh upgrade of 11.0 to 12.0 using PCD. I have obtained the install file via PUT and it is called Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_12.0.1.23900-9.sgn.ios 

I choose Add upgrade task, select my 11.0 cluster and then go to select the upgrade file but it is not there, I can see it if I choose ISO files  only and not Valid ISO files only.

Is the problem that I am trying to use a bootable ISO for an upgrade? 

Cheers

Stuart