Views
Helpful
Replies

CER 8.5 deployment of NON PSAP

schroeder1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer that is their own PSAP security dispatch. I have never done this before without using ELINs and routing out through the PSTN. I stumbled upon this(below) in the admin guide. If there isnt any route or translation patterns is CER using a CTI port to route the call to the hunt pilot for security dispatch? If so where is this configured? Does CER 8.5 have a place where you can configure a security phone?

Setting up ERLs for Non-PSAP Deployment
You may want to deploy Cisco ER for on-site alerts only. That is, instead of routing emergency calls to a public safety answering point (PSAP), you route emergency calls to a specified security phone.

There are two ways to set up non-PSAP deployments:

Configure Security IDs Only—In this scenario, you configure security IDs for the zones for any ERL; you do not configure route/translation patterns. All emergency calls are routed to the ERL security. If this fails, the calls are routed to the default ERL security. Cisco ER then initiates a call to the configured security phone and plays prompts to alert security personnel to the emergency call.

All emergency calls from any phone connected to switch IP Y will use ERL X and ring on the security A directory number 1000.

Any response greatly appreciated...

ls

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, what's the point of CER in that environment?

schroeder1 wrote:

There are two ways to set up non-PSAP deployments:

I only see one way listed.  And the way listed, the alert way, is kind of strange.  So the caller dials the emergency number, and the on-site security desk is alerted with a recorded message, but the caller never gets to speak with the security person to discuss the emergency.

The other way, the way I would suggest, would be to use the on-site security number as the pattern associated to the ELIN.