cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER: Intra-cluster communication is broken

DAVID BURKHART
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade from CER 11.5 to 14. When running the pre-check COP file, as well as utils diagnose test from the CLI, I am getting "Error, intra-cluster communication is broken, unable to connect to [IP address of the server on which I'm running the test]. I can ping everything inside and out, and other tests I've run indicate all is well with DNS, reverse DNS, etc.

The only thing out of the ordinary that has been done is we took the hard drives and the boot drive from the host server that had a motherboard failure and rehosted them into another server of the exact same model so that I could get my CUC, CER and CUCM subscribers back online. It took some work, but these subscribers have been receiving replications and working as expected since then - several months. 

I really need to get off v11.5! I am tempted to upgrade my publisher to 14 SU4 then build the subscriber from scratch, but would that resolve the issue since the troubled IP address is within each server? I've been searching much of the day unsuccessfully. Thank you in advance for any ideas. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That did not resolve it, but changing the default gateway then putting it back did for some reason. This issue is resolved. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I would start with a 'utils dbreplication repair all' and see if that helps.

That did not resolve it, but changing the default gateway then putting it back did for some reason. This issue is resolved.