cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing unity connection vm spec and restoring it?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have :

2xcucm version  "10.5.2.13900-12 Unrestricted"

2xIMP version    " 10.5.2.13900-12 Unrestricted"

2xcuc version    "10.5.1.10000-7"

vcs-control X8.6.1

vcs-expressway X8.6.1

i wanted to add a extra cpu to the untiy connection "publisher" but i read i cant add a cpu to the already running unity connection vm machine so im thinking can i just install another unity connection and do a restore on it? are these steps im considering correct?

1-shut down the untiy connection publisher , go to prime license manager on cucm , remove the unity from product instance

2-install a new unity connection vm machine with the new spec , i expect it will grab a new license instead of the old unity connection vm?

3-restore the unity connection from a backup i took from the old unity connection

4-unity connection should function as the old one?

5-is there any more steps involved beside restoring the unity connection backup?

1 Reply 1

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your understanding is correct that you cannot add vCPU to Unity Connection server.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements#Resize_Virtual_Machine

The steps you have mentioned there are correct and you do not need to worry about the license since the existing license file must have been issued against CM that is covering your CUC currently and will keep doing the one that you will built using new OVA. After step 4, you will just need to add the CUC instance again and do a Synchronize

Regards

Deepak