cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8851 not displaying a call on a line while im talking on the same line

jhon.correa1
Level 1
Level 1

So if I receive a call on a line.....and while im talking I receive another call on the same line, I am able to hear the beep on the headset but I do not see it display on the phone as another line ringing.

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per the user guide for this phone

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8811_8841_8851_8861/10_5/english/userguide/P881_BK_C9A41445_00_cisco-ip-phone-8811-8841/P881_BK_C9A41445_00_cisco-ip-phone-8811-8841_chapter_010.html#CUIP_TK_RE80EA05_00

Respond to a Call Waiting Notification

Call Waiting provides the following to notify you that a new call is ringing on your phone when you are talking on another call:

• Call Waiting tone (single beep)

• An amber flashing line button

This feature is configured by the administrator.

Procedure
    Step 1   To answer the ringing call, press the flashing amber session button or press Answer to answer the call. You can also scroll to the call and press Select to answer it. Your phone puts the original call on hold automatically and connects the ringing call.
    Step 2   If the call is on a different line, you must first press the line button or All Calls, if available, to display the ringing session and then answer the call.
    Step 3   If the call is on the same line and not visible, as there are many calls, then you must scroll to display the sessions.
    Step 4   If a programmable feature button is set up by your system administrator to answer calls, you can press the feature button to answer a ringing call, regardless of the line of the call or the line that is currently visible. The phone automatically switches the line to display the call.

Manish