cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 IP phones fail to work on CUBAC v8.6

Caleb Adepoju
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friend, Thanks for the good work as always!

I swapped 2 Cisco 7941 IP phones for 2 9971 SIP phones on Cisco Unified Business Attendant COnsoles but to my surprise, calls ring on the consoles but could not be answered or transferred to the phone. Worthy of note is that the whenever the console is logged into, an information pops up dispalying "Your extension XXXX is out of service. You will not be able to make or receive calls".

The extensions nor the phones do not belong to rollover feature role or user group as mandated in the 9971 phone use on CUXAC.

Please,what do you suggest I do?

Thanks in anticipation.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Associate the user with the following user groups:

"Standard CTI Allow Control of phones supporting Connected Xfer and Conf" and "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode"

HTH,

Chris

Miguel Aikens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Caleb,

Have you tried adding the roles to the Application User of CUBAC ("Standard CTI Allow Control of phones supporting Connected Xfer and  Conf" and "Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover  Mode")? If yes, and you are still have the issue please make sure that CTI Ports and Route Point are registered with CUCM.

Make sure that the Directory Number that they are using is a unique DN in Call Manager and not part of any line group, hunt list or hunt pilot.

If the problem persists:

-   Dissociate the phone that is having issues from the application user you have for CUBAC.

-   Go to Device > Phone and lookup that device

-   Uncheck the "Allow Control of Device from CTI" from either the phone (device) and the line you're using to login.

-   Once both are unchecked reset the phone.

-   When the phone is back up please re-associate it to the application user again.

-   Check "Allow Control of Device from CTI" from the phone (device) and the line.

-   Reset the phone again.

-   Try to login.

Let me know how it goes.

Miguel Aikens

Hello Miguel/Chris,

I have done all said but to no avail. I really dont know what else could be done. Its kind of funny because 7941, 7942 phones and IPN Communicators are pretty fine on the console when their extensions are used.

Need more help guys