Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco call manager 2951 and 2921

hello guyz,

i have one cisco callmanager express router 2921 and 2951 .At present we are using 2951 voice router for 150 users.Earlier we were using 2921 router for 100 users.

Now since our users increased, we have replaced 2921 with 2951 . But eventually  our uses are increasing day by day, is it any way to use both the routers for 250 users. We have a 31 channel PRI .

kindly advise.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use both, but it will be two separate systems and will not work as good as a single one.

So your best choice is to upgrade router.

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

For 200+ users you should better go with Cisco CallManager (CUCM). Although ISR G2 supports 250+ users, it will not provide clustering mechanism and additional HA capabilities as CUCM does.

You can read the Call Processing chapter of the CUCM SRND:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/callpros.html

Hope to help, please remember to rate helpful posts.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

I don't agree that just because there are few hundres of phones, one 'should' use CUCM.

I have multiple installation of CME with 3 o 4 hundres phones and these do work perfectly since a long time.

And users enjoy the perfect simplicity, robustness, economy and flexibility of CME when compared to CM.

No doubt that CME is a great product. I have deployed CME as well and really like it. However, for 200+ users I'll prefer to use a more flexible and robust redundant scheme such as CUCM as long as the customer has budget.

- Adrian.