Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am Ashley and I cannot change the settings for a DN

Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on Device SEP70CA9B5C6D90

Maximum Number of Calls and Busy Triggers per Line are:
Maximum Number of Calls2
Busy Trigger1

As a result, the phone appears as busy when making a second call when phone is already on a call.

The cm version is

System version: 8.5.1.10000-26

The phone firmware version is

SCCP69xx.9-3-1-3-ES5

We want to set th busy trigger to 2 at least.

The alternative solution of a second dn and another route partition is not viable.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ashley

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ashley,

I hate to be the bearer of bad new here, but you would need to be

at a minimum CUCM version of 8.6(1) to support Multiple Calls per

Line on the 6941 for SCCP

Multiple Calls Per Line appearance

Each  line can support multiple calls. By default, your phone supports two  active calls per line, and a maximum of six active calls per line. Only  one call can be connected at any time; other calls are automatically  placed on hold.

The  system allows you to configure maximum calls/busy trigger not more than  6/6 both for SCCP and SIP. Any configuration more than 6/6 is not  officially supported. For SCCP, you must upgrade to Cisco Unified CM 8.6  or above to support multiple calls per line.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6921_6941_6961/8_6/english/admin_guide/6921usr.html#wp1075258

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ashley,

I hate to be the bearer of bad new here, but you would need to be

at a minimum CUCM version of 8.6(1) to support Multiple Calls per

Line on the 6941 for SCCP

Multiple Calls Per Line appearance

Each  line can support multiple calls. By default, your phone supports two  active calls per line, and a maximum of six active calls per line. Only  one call can be connected at any time; other calls are automatically  placed on hold.

The  system allows you to configure maximum calls/busy trigger not more than  6/6 both for SCCP and SIP. Any configuration more than 6/6 is not  officially supported. For SCCP, you must upgrade to Cisco Unified CM 8.6  or above to support multiple calls per line.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6921_6941_6961/8_6/english/admin_guide/6921usr.html#wp1075258

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob for the update.

I will wait till the 8.6 gets stable. Hearing a lot of issues on that

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ashley,

You are most welcome

I can understand the hesitation in upgrading at this point

just for this feature. makes sense!

If you need multiple calls on a single DN try this method. You don't need to use

any extra DN's and some users prefer this setup

This  document shows how to use Partitions and Calling Search Spaces to  configure multiple lines on one phone with the same DN. It is assumed  that the user wants all incoming calls to start on line 1 and forward to  subsequent lines if line 1 is busy.

Configuring a Single Dialed Number on Multiple Lines

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml

Cheers!

Rob