Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CMS upgrade

Asfandyar70754
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I need to upgrade Cisco CMS from version 2.8 to 3.0, I need to know if I have to upgrade it to 2.9 and then 3 or can I upgrade it directly to 3.0.

And secondly I a bit new to collaboration world so if any of you can share steps to upgrade CMS would be great.

TIA 

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have not already, you need to review the CMS documentation for everything you're asking, upgrade path, changes due to the upgrade and procedure.

If you're going to be dealing with UC, referring to existing documentation is going to be one of the first steps for anything related to upgrades.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime

Can you please share some documents regarding Cms upgrade.

TIA

Hi @Nithin Eluvathingal  and @Jaime Valencia,

Thank you for the link. I have gone through it and upgrading seems pretty straight forward.

But I would really appreciate if I can get some clarity if I have to upgrade CMS from 2.8->2.9 and then 3.0, or I can go from 2.8 ->3.0 directly.

Moreover I would like to know compatibility of CMS 3.0 with Cisco Roomkits and/or Expressway, If you can share some doc or link for this that would be really great.

Go to cisco.com -> click Support & Learn -> by default it should be on the Support & Training tab on the left, enter the product name, meeting server in your case -> then Product support page from the options listed -> Click Documentation tab, and you'll have all the product documentation related to RNs, installation and / or upgrade guides, administration guides, etc.

Works for almost any product you need to find the documentation for.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate