cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC call tranfer to external number not showing real calling party number

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

CUC call tranfer to external number not showing real calling party number instead showing the CUCM external number.

scenario is like this. 

if an external party (023434343) calling to office it receive greeting message to press 1 for to reach branch office .

CUC is configured to transfer to external number say 9041234567. Remember this is not internal call instead it will be called as external call. 

call is reaching  branch office number 041234567 but its not receiving as 023434343 instead receiving it as from HQ office (024447777) ie DID number that is published for external calling.

voice gateway is MGCP.

How can we show it as originating calling number  ie 023434343?

CUCM :  10.5.2.10000-5
CUC : 10.5.2.10000-5

We tried to configure from service parameter as below:

CallManager System Parameter:

Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone)

Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity = True

but result is same. 

Do I need to restart any services this to work? 

4 Replies 4

All most all ISP will drop the call or translate it to your DID pilot if you send caller-id other than your DID range. and this is done for Billing purpose.

You must check with your ISP if  they allow calls from your PRI/SIP with caller-id other than your DID block.

Response Signature

the number was showing the one configured for calling party transform mask. i created dedicated one for voice mail call and removed the calling party transformation mask. this time i can see the calling party properly in voice gateway with one extra digit added to originating number. for example , originating calling number is 023434343 but in debug isdn its now showing it as 8023434343. i dont know why its like that.

also the receiving side it now showing it as 024447799.

Is this because ISP translating number to DID number as you said?

If the gateway is MGCP then I am assuming it is a PRI. There are two pieces to this. You can watch the "debug isdn q931" info in the gateway as it transmits the outgoing call setup request to see if what CM is sending is going out on the PRI. Just because you send it that way doesn't mean your telco provider will accept it. If the debug shows something other than what you are expecting, is it possible that you have some outbound calling party transformations on the MGCP gateway? It could also be some calling party modification on the route pattern or route details in the route list.

There could be some translation applied  . That  could be the reason you are sending the calling informations as 8023434343.

If the called party see the caller-id as 024447799 for the above scenario, your ISP is translating.

Response Signature