Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Phone service are not working via VPN

Hi,

I have installed Cisco jabber and tried to connect via vpn and it's not working. But it's working in same LAN. So, i thought there is a problem with firewall , but there is no blocking applied. Also I have registered CIPC via VPN and it's working fine. but Jabber phone service are not working. Also I tried to connect only to the phone services, but i got the same issue. Please find the attached for more info.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajitha

10 Replies 10

I'm using jabber widows client.

Hi,

Can you generate Jabber problem report and attach it?

When attaching the problem report, please include exact time and date of the issue.

Leszek

Hi,

Please find the attachments and thanks for the respond.

09/06/2016 & time 14.00h

Regards,

Rajitha

Hi Rajitha,

Can you confirm that Call Manager service is running on 172.16.24.3.

Additionally can you please check that you can telnet 172.16.24.3 5060 - to make sure TCP port it open.

It might be good idea to take wireshark capture from the time when you start jabber and try to connect to servers - this should tell us if connectivity is ok on all the ports.

Leszek

Hi Leszek,

Yes Call Manager service is running and I'm able to register CIPC via VPN. Also I have attached packet capture. first I tried to log in only to the Call Service and then I tried to log in Cisco IM & Presence.

Thanks,

Rajitha

Hi Rajitha,

Looks like you have taken pcap on incorrect network adapter as i don;t see any traffic to/from 6970 or 506, actually there is nothing to your CUCM servers.

I think you'd need to take pcap on a different network adapter.

One question on CIPC registration - is your CIPC configured with SIP?

Leszek

Hi,

Yes, CIPC is configured with SIP. I will take the capture agin, but I have taken the correct network adapter (Connected via VPN).

Rajitha

Withing the pcap it would be nice to see CUCM logs as well. So if possible please attach them as well.

This is how to collect them:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126666/collecting-cucm-traces-cucm-862-tac-sr

Leszek

Hi Leszek,

There was an issue with dns and I have changed CUCM server dns name to IP (in CUCM administration System--> Server). Now I can register via VPN. But there is a problem ,  Caller cannot hear the voice of the receiver. But receiver can hear the caller's voice.

Rajitha

One way audio issues are are in 99% cases problem with routing or with firewall blocking RTP ports.

Have you confirmed that both parties can ping each other?

Additionally check if ports UDP range 16384-32768, are opened between caller and receiver.

Leszek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: