Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P cluster

Francois Lieuze
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've got a problem with an IM&P 10.5 cluster. There is one Pub and one Sub, in the same subcluster. Subcluster seems fine and users are balanced automatically between the nodes.

Clients use jabber for Windows with service discovery (cisco-uds DNS SRV record pointing on CUCM). For a user affected on IM&P Pubisher node, there is no problem. But a user affected on Subscriber has a server connection error. I tried to put manually the IP of the IM&P Publisher on the client, without success. The only way to make it work is to put manually IP of the IM&P Subscriber on the client.

I tried to put manually the IP of the Subscriber on a client normally affected on the Publisher, it works.

I hope I'm clear. If you have any idea on this point...

Thank you !

François

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is your IMP UC service on CUCM defined correctly to point to both primary and secondary IMP servers? What is not working exactly?

What do you mean by that ? In the CUCM, there is a Presence redundancy group defined, and it contains the 2 servers, which are in a good state.

In fact, all the users assigned to the subscriber can't connect without defining explicitely the IP address (or FQDN) of the subscriber in Jabber login windows, like that :

When they use the automatic mode, they receive a "cannot communicate with server" error.

No problem with user assigned to the publisher.

Thank you.

What Chris is asking, is something you should have already done, as part of the Jabber configuration, are you familiar with the Jabber related configuration in CUCM????

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115_chapter_0100.html#JABW_TK_ABCC424E_00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I didn't understand you were talking about UC Service and Service Profile.

Yes, I did it. I also tried to create a new SP and cross the two server in the UC Service "IM and Presence Service", it does exactly the same thing. And, if it matters, there is nothing related to the server in cisco jabber-config xml file.

Hi,

in CUCM Administration:
1) User Management > User Settings > double check the UC Service and Service Profile configuration.
2) System > Presence Redundancy Group > double check if you have 2 IM&P and that you enable the Enable High Availability check box

in IM&P Administration > Diagnostics:
1) select System Dashboard ... and check if there is any error;
2) select System Troubleshooter ... and check if there is any error;

Hope this helps.

Hi Marcelo,

Thank you for your answer. I did that already 8 days ago and I double checked yesterday, everything is fine (UC Service, SP, HA, no error on dashboard). There is just one error in System troubleshooter, but it's related to Federation, and I don't use that feature.

I opened a TAC case yesterday, I will let you know.

Hey Franciois,

Did you resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem in CUCM and CUPS 11.

/K

He did, TAC gave him a solution

Francois Lieuze
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again,

Any idea ? Otherwise, I'm thinking of opening a case about that.

Thank you.

François

Francois Lieuze
Level 1
Level 1

I totaly forgot to give an answer to that one. TAC told me to do that :

As the issue started once after the one of IMP server restart, Please follow the below procedure to restart IMP servers in future:

• Disable HA
  • Make sure user assignment is proper with nodes
  • Restart Publisher first, wait for service to come up
  • Then restart subscriber, wait for services to come up
  • Enable HA again

It solved the problem. So I guess IMP is a little bit like Windows sometimes : if you have a doubt, just reboot :)

Hi Francois,

thanks for sharing (+5 for that)!!!

Regards.