cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Bulk Import Tool

a1ex_cruz
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an updated CUBI for Unity Version 4.0(3)?

Regards

8 Replies 8

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've found Global Subscriber Manager to be very useful http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_GSM4x.htm

Is there a reason you are asking about an updated version? Is there a functionality that you want?

Hi Hinho,

Actually we are using CUBI sometimes but it always give us a Japanese Language to I tried to look if there is an updated version of CUBI because I noticed that everytime we use a Cisco Unity Tools, if the tool is not updated it will prompt you if you want to updated this tool but only CUBI does not have an update that is why.

Thanks,

Alex

Is there anything in the current version of CUBI that you would like to see? CUBI does it's job well and I suppose no one has requested an enhancement for it and as such there is not an updated version.

Hi Hinho,

Just wondering if there is an English Version of CUBI, that would be great, thanks.

Regards

All the tools that offer updates are out of my group and are downloadable off the www.CiscoUnityTools.com web site - CUBI is currently owned by the database group and they don't do "mid version" releases - they bundle only with releases of Unity since the back end is tied to the core files of Unity so tightly. As such there is no updated version you can download.

That said, it comes with all the localized files based on what you installed - it should support English, German, Japanese and French based on what's installed on the local box. Unfortunately it doesn't support "on the fly" language changes as most of the tools on CUT do. As such I'm not sure how to force it into English (or even if you can) if you have it installed on a box configured for Japanese. I'll throw the question over to the DB boys and see what they have to say...

Hi Lindborg,

That is why I'am confuse because we are using an Englisg Version of Windows and Unity, Everytime we run CUBI to import from active directory, it always turn out to be Japanese.

Regards

Odd - there was a similiar report for Permissions Wizard where it was bringing up French - turned out to be a problem with the DVD install (as opposed to the CD image install) swapping the resource files around - did you install from DVD by any chance?

Hi Linborg,

Yes when I upgraded Unity 4.0(3) to 4.0(4) we had some language problem with the PW, but when I used the CD it worked for some reasons.

Regards