Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity connection

Munazzah Mehdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am palnning to install CUCXn and exploring some of the features. Can you please help me to answer following:

• Can we get voice message notification via instant message on Jabber
  • Can we have different MWI notification for urgent (vs. normal) messages
  • Can we have activate Message Waiting indicators on telephones/extensions that do not match the mailbox number
  • can we differentiate MWI notification for urgent (vs. normal) messages

Thanks,

Munazzah

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can we get message notification via instant message

A: Instant message as in????

A: No

• Can we have activate Message Waiting indicators on telephones/extensions that do not match the mailbox number

A: Yes, you can define MWI extensions other than your own for a subscriber

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

No, but if you integrate Jabber with CUC, you'll also get MWI and depending on the client, visual voicemail.

In J4W there's a VM tab where you get them.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can we get message notification via instant message

A: Instant message as in????

A: No

A: Yes, you can define MWI extensions other than your own for a subscriber

HTH

java

Thanks for getting back quickly, actually I need it quickly.

So my question was:

Can we get voice mail notification through instant message if user has Jabber?

No, but if you integrate Jabber with CUC, you'll also get MWI and depending on the client, visual voicemail.

In J4W there's a VM tab where you get them.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Do you know if

• Cisco unity connection has ability to utilize separate greetings for internal and external calls, and out of office?
  • Do we have ability to control the increase/decrease speed of message playback
  •  Ability for System users and callers to mark a message as Private, thus prohibiting forwarding of the designated message
  • Extended absence greetings with optional capability to block receipt of new messages

Thanks in advance! 

Hi there,

I'll just jump in for Java for a moment here :)

Here we go;

• Cisco unity connection has ability to utilize separate greetings for internal and external calls, and out of office?
  • Yes there are Internal, external, busy, holiday, closed, and "alternate" or out of office greetings available.
  • Do we have ability to control the increase/decrease speed of message playback
  • Yes you can increase or decrease message message playback speeds.
  •  Ability for System users and callers to mark a message as Private, thus prohibiting forwarding of the designated message
  • Yes users can mark messages as private which prevents forwarding.
  • Extended absence greetings with optional capability to block receipt of new messages
  • Yes users can be set up to have new messages blocked when the "alternate" or out of office greeting is engaged.

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob, 

Thanks for reply but I just want to rephrase my first question.

When someone is calling me from outside then they will have different greeting and if my co-worker, from same same office, is calling then my phone will play different greetings? Is there any limit on number of greetings allowed to each user?

Would this be possible.?

Few more things please:

1. What is the normal and available treatments for aging and automatic deletion of messages? Does itdepend on type of message-store.
  2.  can Cisco unity connection transfer/extend calls to extensions of varying lengths (i.e. 4-digits, 5-digits, and 6-digits, etc.). 
  3. Does System has ability to provide voice processing forms?
  4. For subscriber passwords, what is:
    1. Minimum and maximum number of characters/digits;
    2. Required frequency of password changes;
    3. Regulations regarding password reuse.

Thanks in advance. I must say that you guys are doing wonderful help.

Hi there,

You are most welcome my friend!

Yes, callers from outside will receive the "External" greetings and local callers will receive the "Internal" greeting. These can all be made available via the template used when creating users as shown below;

Types of User Greetings

Cisco Unity Connection offers the following greetings:

Standard

Plays at all times unless overridden by another greeting. You cannot disable the standard greeting.

Standard greetings play according to the days and times that you specify for the standard schedule.

Closed

Plays during the closed (nonbusiness) hours defined for the active schedule. A closed greeting overrides the standard greeting, and thus limits the standard greeting to the open hours defined for the active schedule.

Closed user greetings play according to the days and times that you specify for the closed schedule.

Holiday

Plays during the dates and times specified in the schedule of holidays that is associated with the active schedule. A holiday greeting overrides the standard and closed greetings.

Holiday greetings play according to the dates and times you specify for holiday schedules.

Internal

Plays to internal callers only. It can provide information that only coworkers need to know. (For example, "I will be in the lab all afternoon.") An internal greeting overrides the standard, closed, and holiday greetings.

Not all phone system integrations provide the support necessary for an internal greeting.

Busy

Plays when the extension is busy. (For example, "All of our operators are with other customers.") A busy greeting overrides the standard, closed, internal, and holiday greetings.

Not all phone system integrations provide the support necessary for a busy greeting.

Alternate

Can be used for a variety of special situations, such as vacations or a leave of absence. (For example, "I will be out of the office until....") An alternate greeting overrides all other greetings.

Error

Plays if the caller enters invalid digits. You cannot disable the error greeting.

The system default error recording is, "I did not recognize that as a valid entry." By default, after the error greeting plays, Connection replays the greeting that was playing when the caller entered the invalid digits.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/user_mac/guide/9xcucmacx/9xcucmac040.html#wp1697930

The Message aging and deletion of messages is set here;

Managing Message Aging Policies in Unity Connection

Message aging policies can help ensure that the hard disk where voice messages are stored does not fill up. Each policy allows you to specify message aging rules to automatically:

• Move new messages to the Saved Items folder after a specified number of days.

This option is primarily useful for users whose message action is Accept and Relay the Message, which causes Unity Connection to relay copies of voice messages to an external mail account while also saving the messages to the Connection message store. You can use this option to prevent users who only check voice messages by using the external mail account from exceeding their mailbox quota.

For more information, see the “Message Actions in Cisco Unity Connection 9.x” section in the “Setting Up Features and Functionality Controlled By User Account Settings in Unity Connection 9.x” chapter of the User Moves, Adds, and Changes Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 9.x , athttp://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/user_mac/guide/9xcucmacx/9xcucmac040.html.

• Move read messages to the Deleted Items folder after a specified number of days.
  • Permanently delete messages in the Deleted Items folder after a specified number of days. In the Default System Policy message aging policy, this is the only rule that is enabled.
  • Based on the age of the messages, permanently delete secure messages that have been touched in any way (for example by saving, deleting, or opening but then saving messages as new).
  • Based on the age of the messages, permanently delete all secure messages regardless of whether users have listened to or touched the messages in any way.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsagx/9xcucsag190.html#pgfId-1050845

By "voice forms" I'm guessing you are referring to Caller Trees or in Unity Connection terms "Call Handlers' which are certainly available;

Managing Call Handlers in Cisco Unity Connection 9.x

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsagx/9xcucsag060.html

Specifying Password, Logon, and Lockout Policies by Using Authentication Rules (Cisco Unity Connection Only)

In Cisco Unity Connection, authentication rules govern user passwords and account lockouts for all user accounts. You use authentication rules to secure how users access Connection by phone, and how users access Cisco Unity Connection Administration and the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (PCA).

For example, an authentication rule determines:

• The number of failed logon attempts that are allowed before an account is locked
  • The number of minutes an account remains locked before it is reset
  • Whether a locked account must be unlocked manually by an administrator
  • The minimum length allowed for passwords
  • The number of days before a password expires

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsagx/7xcucsag160.html#pgfId-1053467

Cheers!

Rob