Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity connection

Linto Mookken
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Appoligies if my English is not good.

I implemented CUCM and CUC 10.X in my head office and configured Auto attend in HO CUC for head office and branches. So if any calls come to brach office auto attend will play from HO and transfer to the appropriate extension number in branch office (Branch office Gateway in SRST mode.)

I have a question, is there anyway to land calls in branch office phones if there any disconnection between CUC and branch office GW.

Thanks in advace.

9 Replies 9

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Linto,

I am assuming that your phones in the remote site are registered with cucm during normal operation and you want to know what happens to call transfers to these remote site phones when they are in SRST mode. In normal operation, the transfers from CUC to remote site phones would be 4 digit IP-IP calls, however for SRST mode the phone needs to use the PSTN path as the WAN link between main site and remote site is down. This is achievable through the Cal forward unregistered setting on the Directory numbers of remote sites.

1. Define the SRST reference for phones in CUCM administration
  2. Configure the Call Forward Unregistered (CFUR) feature and set the CFUR destination of lines on remote-site phones to the correct public switched telephone network (PSTN) number in CUCM administration to enable reachable remote sites in SRST mode.
  3. Enable and configure the MGCP fallback and Cisco Unified SRST features on the IOS gateways.
  4. Implement a simplified SRST dial plan on the remote-site-gateways to ensure connectivity for remote-site phones in SRST mode.

So, you will need to have route patterns configured on cucm to route such calls based on the DID being dialed for remote site phones.

More details here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/98721/how-implement-cisco-unified-srst-and-mgcp-fallback

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish Gogna,

Thanks for your reply.

If i am not mistaken you are saying about Extension to Extension calling (IP phone to IP phone) from HO to BR when the WAN link down.

All phones (HO & BR) are registered in CUCM which is in HO.

Configured SRST in BR gateways

AA for BR configured in CUC which is in HO

Now the call flow for PSTN calls will be, if some one call to my BR call will hit on BR gateway FXO port and there the connection plar is CUC (in HO) number which is registered in CUCM (in HO). So call will forward to CUCM, CUCM will forward to CUC number and will play the prompt,then transfer to appropriate extension in BR.

My question is, some one call to BR PSTN number when the WAN link is down between HO and BR.

BR gateway can't contact CUCM as well as CUC, so prompt will not play and will not transfer to the extesion in BR. 

In this scenario what can we do to transfer the BR PSTN calls to BR extesion numbers.

Thanks in aadvance.

Hi Linto,

When the BR phones are unregistered on cucm ( when WAN link is down ) , the calls to these BR phones from anywhere will still first land on cucm and cucm will use the CFUR setting to send the call to this BR phone via the configured route pattern on cucm through PSTN.

When you say "BR gateway can't contact CUCM as well as CUC, so prompt will not play and will not transfer to the extesion in BR." , which prompt are you talking about? There are just two possibilities here-

1. Call first landed on Main site from where if it is configured to be sent to CUC, it can easily be transferred to CUC. Then from CUC if the caller wants to be transferred to an extension on BR , it will be possible based on what is explained above w.r.t CFUR

2. Call is meant for BR phone, it will land on BR phone as per CFUR config. From here the call needs to go to CUC for voicemail or any other function, this would again be possible since the SRST can be configured to access CUC on Mian site via a DID for Unity Connection VM Pilot. It is explained here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sccp_sip_srst/configuration/guide/SCCP_and_SIP_SRST_Admin_Guide/srst_voicemail.html#pgfId-1331691

If your scenario is diff from oany of the above do let me know.

Manish

Manish,

I have implemented same scenario;

Let me try to explain the scenario;

• CUCM and CUC are at HQ Location and branch GW and Branch Phones Connected to HQ CUCM using WAN.
  • Branch Have FXO Connection where I have setup a connection PLAR and that connection plar number being sent to CUCM and in CUCM I have RP which sent that call to CUC for Greetings and CUC will land the Call to Branch phones as per the caller INPUT.
  • Branch Connected to CUCM using SRST Fallback Configuration.

Below is the Call flow;

PSTN à Branch GW  (FXO) à Connection PLAR  at Branch GW à CUCM à CUC à Branch Extension.

Now when Connection between my CUCM and branch down that time I want all my incoming call on branch FXO to Land on my Branch extension which will be register to my branch GW in SRST Mode.

As I am having connection PLAR on my FXO and whenever the call comes on my FXO it will try to find connection PLAR number which point to CUCM (HQ) as Route point towards my CUC.

But what when I do not have connectivity between Branch and CUCM and I want to sent my incoming call direct to my locally register branch phones.

Please suggest the same.

Thanks

Hi,

For this scenario to work the DN configured for connection PLAR has to be routable to cucm in case of cucm being down. There would be a VoIP dial peer configured on this gateway pointing to cucm with the destination pattern PLAR number. Now, the only option that looks feasible here is to configure a pots dial peer with same destination number and prefix it with digits that make it routable over the PSTN to the cucm. You will need to use the existing Voip dial peer as first preference and the POTS as second preference. Although i have not tested dial peer failover between POTS and VoIP dial peers, i believe it should work.

Manish

Dear Manish,

Thanks for the reply;

But in the link down situation,where my phones are register at Branch GW with SRST Fallback mode that time how would i send incoming call on my FXO to locally register phones. 

MY FXO have connection plar pointing to CUCM but when CUCM is not reachable how would i send incoming call on that FXO to my locally register phoens ?

Thanks in advace

You are mentioning two different scenarios. The first one was related to plar destination pointing to cucm finally going to cuc. I have covered that in last reply. For calling the phones on remote site while they are in stay mode the call will first land on cucm where the cfur settings will be checked for that phone and call routed accordingly as per my earlier replies to the original post. Please remember that calls to the phones at remote site are routed through cucm in normal as well as srst mode.  Calls do not go to the endpoint directly, cucm decides whether the up phone is registered or unregistered and accordingly dial plan is invoked.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Appologies if i wrote wrong in my previous post. 

I am asking about the same scenario which Vstarcisco asking.

Is there any solution for that.

Thanks in advance.

For plar scenario you need failover dial peer with transformed plar destination routable through Pstn to cucm. If call goes to cucm directly then cfur settings of the called phone will be used. I have covered these above.

Manish