Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity System Call Handler not working as expected

melozurdo78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I´m trying to create a system call handler in Cisco Unity along with a recorded message to be used for an attendant console extension number.

I have created a new one with display name "test" and I have recorded a message in "recorded name play record" part. I put the attendant console extension on this new system call handler, deleting the extension first from the current system call handler used by this extension and knowing that the receptionist was no logged in the Attendant Console. I called this extension and I received a message saying that "test" is not available, please record your message at the tone. What I am missing here? Thanks for your help.

Nacho

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it a direct call or forwarded call?

What is your expectation from test call handler with respect to call routing? Did you configure accordingly?

- Vivek

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nacho,

Instead of doing the recording under "recorded name" you will need to do the recording under "standard greeting" on the greetings page for the call handler.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is it a direct call or forwarded call?

What is your expectation from test call handler with respect to call routing? Did you configure accordingly?

- Vivek

a 1-800# number is redirected to XXXX call manager number that is configured for attendant console extension. I want to create a new system call handler along with a recording message to be assigned to this XXXX extension number. I did it (labeled "test") and I assigned XXXX to the new system call handler and when I called XXXX i heard "test" is not available, please record your message at the tone

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nacho,

Instead of doing the recording under "recorded name" you will need to do the recording under "standard greeting" on the greetings page for the call handler.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you Rob !!! I see where is it.

Hi Nacho,

First of all +5 All day long to my friend Rob, (he's a great guy :)

also you need to configure the appropriate call action under standard greeting configuration to route the call accordingly. keep in mind that the default  call action after greeting has been played, is "Take a messege".

You can also arrange a sort of IVR by configuring "caller input" option under edit menu of System call handler configuration page.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Yes!!! this is exactly we saw together. Thank so much. I´ll inform you how the things are going for that.

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for your kind words my friend! Hope all is well with you!

+5 for the great additional thoughts on this topic. Much appreciated.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nacho,

You are most welcome my friend!

Any time you hear "sorry" followed by the recording on a call handler or user mailbox you know that the recording was done under the "recorded name" section rather than the "greeting" section so you can fix it accordingly :)

Cheers!

Rob