Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoUnity_PHGreeting errors

kseraphine
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

I've recently taken over support for a Unity 4.03 UM system partnered with Exchange 2003. Continually througout the day I see Application log errors. They are event id 504. They always come in pairs with the message text pasted below. I haven't correlated them to any problems or complaints but I'd still like to know what's causing them.

Message 1:

The description for Event ID ( 504 ) in Source ( CiscoUnity_PHGreeting ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: CreateSubscriberMsg, 0x80004005, 4306, e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp,

Message 2:

The description for Event ID ( 504 ) in Source ( CiscoUnity_PHGreeting ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: IAvNamedProps::SetPropBool, 0x80004005, 4477, e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp,

I've run DBWalker and fixed the few orphaned greeting errors it reported.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

It looks like you're hitting CSCed30076 which is corrected in 4.0(3)SR1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a0080205a1e.html

Thanks,

Keith

I recently upgraded Unity to 4.2.1 and similar errors are appearing. Is there a solution for 4.2.1? Thanks in advance!

Error 1

The description for Event ID ( 504 ) in Source ( CiscoUnity_PHGreeting ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: SendOutsideCallerMessage, 0x80041b06, 4096, H:\views\ESB1_view\un_Conv1\Scripted\ConvSub\PHGreeting.cpp,

Error 2

RecordMessage returned [0x80041b06] on line 5239 of file H:\views\ESB1_view\un_Conv1\Scripted\ConvSub\PHGreeting.cpp

Error 3

Handler [North American Unity] is using an extenstion [9999] that is being used by another handler on line 2725 in file H:\views\ESB1_view\un_Conv1\Scripted\ConvSub\PHGreeting.cpp