cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Click to Call API

LibertySystems
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, new guy here.  Hope I'm in the right place for this.  I've been asked by a client to integrate click to call into a web app.  We have version 8.1.1 of the Unified Communications Widget, which appears to be the current version.  However, I get an error when attempting to create an ActiveX object, so apparently the automation stuff is not being installed on the workstation with this version.  In the Click to Call Developer's Guide it states the following:

The interface is called Cisco.UC.ThirdParty.Communication and will be installed when the Unified Communications application is installed on the machine.  In version 8.5 and above of the Unified Communications applications the API is available.

What do they mean by "the Unified Communications application"?  Isn't that the widget, and is there an 8.5 or higher version of it? 

I have no idea where to go from here, so any help or pointing me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

1 Reply 1

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

The best place for finding information about API's is the Cisco Developer Network site.

http://developer.cisco.com/web/webdialer

You can access the click to call API via HTTP or SOAP - installing the plug-in is not mandatory.

Hope this helps