Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 8.6 and Cisco 7936

faiqmahdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guyz

I am stuck to configure Cisco 7936 conference station with Callmanager Express 8.6.

There is no load file in CME 8.6 for Cisco 7936.  While checking the below link: it is mentioned

Cisco Unified IP Conference Station

and

See

software download site

for latest firmware version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/requirements/guide/cme86spc.htm.html

but there is no load file in Callmanager 8.6. 

1. Does it Cisco 7936 Conference Station support CME 8.6?

2. Which other Conference Station CME 8.6 Support?

3. Does CME 8.6 Support thirdparty conference station? if yes which one?

4. Cisco IP 7936 keep on rebooting asking for TFTP (cannot contact TFTP Server) and MENU button is also not working to reset.  My TFTP Server is working perfectly all other phones are registered and i restarted working phones to assure the TFTP Server functionality.

It is used Conference Station purchased , it looks for the Station IP 172.18.168.17 and Connecting 10.225.100.5

I tried my laptop given the same range ip Station IP and Connectiong but unable to connect it.

Any help would really appreciate.

Regards

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is supported. You don't necessarily need to have a load file to have it working. The Menu button shold be working you need to unlock with **#.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7936/5_0/english/administration/guide/7936cfg.html#wp1019732

Thanks Paolo

Any idea, it keeps on rebooting "Cannot Contact TFTP Server" menu or other buttons are not functional because of this.

There is a IP Address as well:

it looks for the

Station IP

172.18.168.17 and

Connecting

Regards

Not a good situation, as the menu button may have been disabled in the previous installation. Cisco does not document any other way to reset the phone.

You can try setting up a TFTP server with that address, and upgrade software, in the hope that unlocks the phone.