cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility version CUCM and IM&P question, and Cisco Sync Agent down troubleshooting

marco_81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i'm planning to set up a test environment with Cisco CallManager 11.5 and IM&Presence server, both virtualized. Reading installation guide i can understand about software version match between cucm and cup, as reported by guide:

"If you are installing IM and Presence nodes, the software version of the first IM and Presence node (the IM and Presence database publisher node) must match the first two numbers of the software version installed on the cucm publisher node"

I have Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.11900-26.sgn and cucm_11.5_vmv8_v1.0, now i need the respective cup iso and ova,

can you confirm UCSInstall_CUP_11.5.1.11900-21.sgn.iso and cucm_im_p_11.5_vmv8_v1.2.ova is the right choice?

Second question:

In my previous installation i used a cup iso with compliant version (i don't rember all the numbers version, but i'm sure it was 11.5.1.XXXX), but after cucm and cup were installed i received this error in the Sync Agent trace (cup server):

AXL connection failed. Please check                             @
 @    1. userid and password are correct                             @
 @    2. AXL service is activated by accessing                       @
 @       https://<cucm ip address>:8443/axl/            @
 @    3. AXL service is running

Both cucm and cup where installed with the same user and password (for admin, ui and security account), but from RTMT: Sync Agent AXL Connection failed and Cisco Sync Agent stop by itself. During installation i provided password with special character @.

I tried to change password (removing @, replaced with _)  for ui account at cucm and cup side, resetting Cisco Tomcat (cucm) and Cisco Sync Agent (cup) during the changes, but still get same error. I'm able to access to https://<cucm ip address>:8443/axl/ and services above are running.

I'm planning to perform fresh installation of cucm and cup with above version.

regards

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marco,

Yes, CUCM 11.5(1)SU1 ( 11.5.1.11900-21 ) and IM&P 11.5(1)SU1 ( 11.5.1.11900-26 ) are compatible.

HTH

Manish

Hi , i am having the same issue. Could you fix ur problem ??  and HOw??

Cisco engineer provided me version UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.13056-1.sgn  for CUCM and UCSInstall_CUP_11.5.1.13900-57.sgn for CUP. After installing them cisco sync agent is not running. run sql select * from epassyncagentcfg   show AXL failure, with cisco tac tried to change app admin password with no special chars - no results, cisco tac said need to re-build server - i did rebuild CUP from scratch -still sync agent cant run and axl failure. 

Now I had another tac engineer from installation team and he said my versions of CUCM and CUP are not compatible. Could you fix ur problem ??  and HOw??