cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

component [CLM] requires component [PLATFORM] to be registered.

jamesc
Level 1
Level 1

Call Manager 14 SU2 and Call Manager 14 SU3

Failed to initiate backup. Server [CUCM-Hostname], component [CLM] requires component [PLATFORM] to be registered.

admin:utils disaster_recovery show_registration CUCM-Hostname
Feature Component
---------------------------------------------
UCM PLATFORM
UCM ANN
UCM MOH
UCM CDPAGT
UCM SYSLOGAGT
UCM TCT
UCM CLM
UCM REPORTER
UCM TFTP
UCM DNALIASLOOKUP
UCM CEF
SELFCARE CLM

Anyone got a fix for this? Restarting DRF Local and DRF Master doesn't seem to help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I found the cause of this, it's a cosmetic issue. Sometime in the past the Cisco Call Manager was upgraded to 12.5 from an earlier version. At this time the SELFCARE option wasn't removed from the DRF screen. You can workaround this bug by scheduling a manual backup and selecting CDR/IM_AND_PRESENCE/UCM components. They backup without issue. If you accidentally select SELFCARE (and for some users with this bug ELM) then the backups will fail. I am used to hitting select all and start backup. I hope that this can help other administrators. Unfortunately the bug seems to persist across upgrades. We went from 14 (SU2) to 14 (SU3). Cisco TAC's assistance is required to fix the issue permanently.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

I recommend contacting TAC for further assistance.

Response Signature

I found the cause of this, it's a cosmetic issue. Sometime in the past the Cisco Call Manager was upgraded to 12.5 from an earlier version. At this time the SELFCARE option wasn't removed from the DRF screen. You can workaround this bug by scheduling a manual backup and selecting CDR/IM_AND_PRESENCE/UCM components. They backup without issue. If you accidentally select SELFCARE (and for some users with this bug ELM) then the backups will fail. I am used to hitting select all and start backup. I hope that this can help other administrators. Unfortunately the bug seems to persist across upgrades. We went from 14 (SU2) to 14 (SU3). Cisco TAC's assistance is required to fix the issue permanently.

Thanks for sharing your solution for those who do a search on this later!

Maren