cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot Routing Issues to Auto Attendant

ndechellis
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Hunt Pilot that broadcasts rings to 5 phones. I need to setup a call auto attendant that would play first when they dial the number, and then have the option if they need further assistance to press 1. So far, I have the Line Group, Hunt List, Hunt Pilot, CTI Route Point configured in CUCM. Over in CUC, I have the call handler set to the extension and a direct routing rule to send the call to the call handler. What's currently happening when the number is dialed is, that the phones ring first, then goes to the auto attendant. I tried it out with a regular line instead of a hunt group, and it worked fine. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Do you have the same number on the hunt pilot and on the CTI Route Point but in different partitions? If so, the partition order in the source device's CSS will determine which number it hits first.

Suggestion:

• Make the CTI Route Point the actual target number that people will dial (with CFWDALL to VM) that rolls to CUC and hits the Call Handler.
  • (You do not need a Call Routing Rule as this is a Forwarded Call and the original dialed number will match the number on the Call Handler.)
  • For Keypress 1 have the system "Transfer to Alternate Contact Number" and make that number a different number you will configure on the Hunt Pilot. 
  • Have the Final Forwarding Behavior on the Hunt Pilot go (presumably) back to voicemail. 
  • You will want to set up a VM Box for the Call Handler to send voicemails to afterwards. Or, you can set the target of the Call Handler voicemail to be a System Distribution List with Dispatch Delivery.

Let us know how it goes and if we an answer questions.

Maren

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Do you have the same number on the hunt pilot and on the CTI Route Point but in different partitions? If so, the partition order in the source device's CSS will determine which number it hits first.

Suggestion:

• Make the CTI Route Point the actual target number that people will dial (with CFWDALL to VM) that rolls to CUC and hits the Call Handler.
  • (You do not need a Call Routing Rule as this is a Forwarded Call and the original dialed number will match the number on the Call Handler.)
  • For Keypress 1 have the system "Transfer to Alternate Contact Number" and make that number a different number you will configure on the Hunt Pilot. 
  • Have the Final Forwarding Behavior on the Hunt Pilot go (presumably) back to voicemail. 
  • You will want to set up a VM Box for the Call Handler to send voicemails to afterwards. Or, you can set the target of the Call Handler voicemail to be a System Distribution List with Dispatch Delivery.

Let us know how it goes and if we an answer questions.

Maren

Just want to make sure I understand, I have to change the target number of the hunt pilot from 1111 to let's say 2222.

Then use the 1111 only in the CTI route point. So if the number is dialed it sends it over to the call handler.

The user then inputs 1 on the keypress and is sent to the hunt pilot which 2222.

Also, I would have to change the current existing VM Box of 1111 to 2222 as well?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

It depends on how you have CUC configured with regards to the 1111 call handler. Since Call Handlers do not have a VM box of their own, the call handler must be configured to send calls to a VM Box. That VM Box should be configured as the target of any voicemails left via the Call Handler (for instance if the caller does not dial a 1) and that VM box should have the 2222 directory number on it.

Maren