Helpful
Replies

configuration file, TFTP/CUCM

John Cheetley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Team,

Please let me know if this post in the wrong section

Updated Cisco Phone 7940 SIP based configuration file on CUCM 7.1.2 as SIP0018180E690A.cnf file has 3 wrong parameters being CallManager1, CallManager2, CallManager3, CallManager4

I transferred this file to server desktop via TFTP in CLI. Altered in wordpad. Saved changes. Thought I re-transferred file back to CUCM via CCMAdmin/Software Upgrades/TFTP File Management

Selected Upload File. Selected Browse. Chose directory location of where saved file is via correct date/time. Then Uploaded. Checked file contents via chrome  browser http://192.168.20.2:6970/SIP0018180E690A.cnf but not updated.

Turned off/on TFTP in Control Centre Feature Services. 

Checked http://192.168.20.2:6970/SIP0018180E690A.cnf again but still shows old file. Not updated file with changes.

Have I done something wrong. 

This is the correct file as it matches the MAC address of the phone

If more info is required. Please let me know

Thanks again in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the help Georgious but though I have saved the changes. Rebooted the phone. The changes haven't come through to the phone. Must be a traversing issue some where. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The configuration file is created/updated according to what you have configured under Device->Phone section on CUCM for that specific phone. You should alter Device Pool and Unified CM Groups accordingly to achieve what you like.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

I thought that SIP file as the XML entries in that shows the listings

Not sure what you mean by that. The configuration file is, indeed, and XML file with all config being listed in the XML tags. Though, you do not upload the configuration file manually at CUCM. It is auto-generated and placed in the (CUCM) TFTP server once you hit "Apply" at the device configuration page.

Georgios

OK. Thanks. Can you overwrite the SRST field by leaving in blank in CUCM?

Yes, if it is blank on Device Pool assigned to the phone, then it will be blank at the configuration.

Georgios

Once all updated in CUCM, just reset the phone by unplug/plug LAN cable and changes should flow to phone.

Thanks for the help Georgious but though I have saved the changes. Rebooted the phone. The changes haven't come through to the phone. Must be a traversing issue some where.