Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection Digital Networking Replication Agent Service not starting

chrherr17
Level 1
Level 1

CUC Unity 12.5  2 servers   Pub and Sub

This service is not starting and RTMT keeps sending alerts about it -  Connection Digital Networking Replication Agent  -

I have tried to start the service in Connection Serviceability and I am unsuccessful .

Does anybody know how to force this service on in the CLI or let me know if this service is important ? Should i just deactivate it .

This happened after proper reboots of the Unity server .

Thank you for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is correct. As outlined and described in the post I linked to this service is only applicable if you have multiple clusters that is setup with digital networking. With only one cluster there can be no digital network, so the service is not applicable.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

chrherr17
Level 1
Level 1

@Roger Kallberg  no , it doesn't , i Have a Pub and a Sub in my environment . I spoke with tac and they say it's not an important service and it can be deactivated , Im just wondering what does this service do for the 2 servers ?

It is not about having two servers in a cluster, it is about having multiple clusters. A CUC cluster can comprise of one or two servers. Do you have more than one CUC cluster in your system landscape?

Response Signature

no , we dont have more than 1 cluster ,  only 1 cluster with 2 servers and Unity as well.

I dont think this service is necessary then .

That is correct. As outlined and described in the post I linked to this service is only applicable if you have multiple clusters that is setup with digital networking. With only one cluster there can be no digital network, so the service is not applicable.

Response Signature

Thank you all for your help !!!

Your very welcome. It would be nice if you would use the helpful vote option on the answer(s) that you feel where of help for you.

Response Signature