cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Consolidating Unity mailboxes and Call Handlers from seperate servers

jimlozano
Level 1
Level 1

We are three campuses on one Unified Communications Manager (6.1.3) cluster. Two of the campuses use one Unity 7.0(2) server called "District" and the third campus uses it's own seperate Unity 4.0(5) server called IVC. We would like to consolidate all three campuses onto the District server which was originally speced for this possibility. I have not real idea on how to accomplish this. I suspect COBRAS will be involved to backup the Unity 4.0 mailboxes for migration to the 7.0 box. Is this correct? Also what, if anything will I need to to in Call Manger to allow the configured IVC phones to begin using the District box?

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim Lozano

SOCCCD District IT

3 Replies 3

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jim,

If the Cisco Unity version 4.0(5) server is in it's own domain, then yes, COBRAS can be used to first export the Subscriber and Call Handler information you're after from the Cisco Unity version 4.0(5) server, then COBRAS Import can be used to import it onto the existing Cisco Unity version 7.0 server.   Help Documentation and VoD's for COBRAS Import and Export may be found at the bottom of the following page:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

Alternatively, if both Unity servers are on the same Microsoft Active Directory domain, then Global Subscriber Manager can be used to first move the mailboxes across from the old Unity server to the new server.   COBRAS can then be used to migrate only the Call Handlers.

I'm not sure what you mean by "IVC phones"...

Kind regards,

Craig

Jim,

You should have received an email from me in response to your query.  If you can provide some further details (take a look at email), I can help walk you thru what you're looking at doing to make this happen.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Much appreciated Craig. That's about what I was suspecting. Sounds like it won't be too difficult. I'll take a look at the info you provided.

I'll post my status later.

Thanks.

Jim