cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conversation Question

pjt8537
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 4.0(4) SR1 is there a way to have the system play the extension of the person leaving a message as well as their name at the beginning of message playback? I cannot seem to find the process to accomplish this. I know the callers information is all played back after the message if you select 9, but we have had requests from users to have this at the beginning.

Thanks again for the help!

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The envelope information for the Sender can be included Before the voice message by checking the box in the Subscriber conversation section of Unity SA. It's down near the bottom of the web page and says "Before playing each message, play". Check the box that says "Sender's information". BUT, this does not include extension information. If the sender is a subscriber and has a recorded name, Unity plays the recorded name. This information is available from the Help button in Unity SA, "However, you can use the Bulk Edit utility to enable Cisco Unity to announce additional caller information when the Sender's Information check box is checked:

1. For messages left by an identified subscriber, Cisco Unity plays the recorded name (if available) and the extension before playing the message.

2. For messages left by unidentified caller, Cisco Unity plays the phone number (if available) of the caller before playing the message."

Regards,

Ginger

Thanks Ginger! That was what I needed. You're the best.

Paul

sjhern
Level 1
Level 1

In Unity, in CONVERSATION,. look towards the botton and there will be an option you will see this

Before playing each message, play

Sender's information

Message number

Time the message was sent

After playing each message, play

Time the message was sent

Make sure you select the option you want and this should play any sender information that is available before the actual message is played.