cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Conversation settings won't save

tkane
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to change the Subscriber Template to read TTS from newest to oldest. When I change the setting and hit save all looks well, but if I go out of the screen and back in the changes are gone. The new setting is also not working on the phones (just in case it was an IE thing).

I have also attempted creating a new template with the same results.

Any ideas?

TIA!

Unity 4.0(4) w/Exch

11 Replies 11

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds familiar but I can't find it in the DDTS search engine just right now - one thing we can check real quick is to determine if the proper values are being stored in the database when you set the change but are being shown incorrectly when you load the template.

Can you pop open the Data Link Explorer tool (you'll find this in the tools depot under Diagnostic Tools) and go to the SubscriberTemplate table - show the "StackOrder" column - when you change the order in the SA, hit the "View | Refresh" (or just F5) and see if the StackOrder string changes - if so, the SA is saving the template info correctly - if not, it isn't (or more interestingly if it stays blank).

If it is saving it but not showing it right, if you create a user off that template, are they setup correctly?

Ok - assuming I got this right - I followed your instructions and yes, the StackOrder string did change. But I know it's not saving the settings because the emails will still be read back from oldest to newest.

I've discovered that I don't have internet connection on the Unity box but can reach the rest of the internal network - could that be an issue?

I also notice that after I change the settings and hit save in the SA it show's a quick save then a the standard loading line in the IE status bar but the load line only gets half-way through and hangs (whether I'm in remotely or locally). I wonder if this could be part of the issue too; maybe not fully saving or refreshing?

So - to be clear, you change the template, then you create a subscriber from that template and leave them some messages and the order is not correct. Is that right?

Just wanting to make sure you weren't assuming that changing the template had an effect on already existing subscriber (it does not).

If the value is changing in the DB I'm confident it's correct and the SA is just not showing the values properly when you load the template again (there have been a few bugs along these lines in the SA along the way) - it's a bit odd that I can't repro this and I don't find anything in DDTS but if the values change in SQL it's pretty certain they're being saved. You can copy that string (just right click on the column in the Data Explorer and copy it) and tell me the order you put your messages in for the template and I can verify it for you.

I think the existing subscriber is the issue.

All subscribers use the Default template. I have attempted to change both the subscribers settings and the default template settings for existing subscribers.

My ultimate goal is to have all my users get their new emails read back to them first.

So......if I understand correctly now; if I make the change in default template to read new mail first then only NEW subscribers would get those settings?

Would I have to delete/recreate all my subscribers to get the new default settings to take hold? Or do I need to create a fresh template and reassign my users to that new template.

Sorry to be confusing - just trying to wrap my brain around this.

to change existing users, use the BulkEdit tool - no need to delete and recreate them just for this! That'd be pretty brutal...

You'll find the BulkEdit tool in the Tools Depot in the admin tools section. There's a tab for subscribers for the flex stack feature and you can configure everyone's stack order this way easily.

Yes, the templates is only used when you create new users - it has no effect on existing subscribers.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to schedule my Unity class now.

There must be something up with my install because even though I go through all the steps it still reads from the oldest first. I've done it twice and restarted the Unity services.

Looks like I'll have to start a TAC ticket.

FYI

I have experienced exactly the same behaviour on a UM new install.

Unity 4.0.4sr1 (On Windows 2003), UM with Exchange 2003. MDSE Install. CCM 4.0.2.

TTS enabled. CSA installed.

I just put it down to one of those 'IE' things, but having seen this post I think I'll investigate it a bit more. I won't be onsite for another couple of weeks though so I'll update this post then (or read the fix!!?).

Good luck.

Cheers,

NJ.

I am having the same problem in 4.0(4) with no service packs. I emailed TAC and they sent me and engineering special ES11

The bug is CSCee86240

In my scenario if I update the conversation in the sub template it is shown as being updated in the stack. When I click on save in the SA the screen quickly refreshes (blinks) , but the IE load status bar sticks on halfway. If I do a shift+refresh in IE the changes are displayed ok.

This only happens (the IE load bar getting stuck) on the conversation page, whether that's the template or a subscriber. It happens whether browsing to SA over the network or locally on the Unity server.

Any updates on this one chaps?

Ta,

NJ.

Hi,

I have the same problem, and the unity version is 4.04,

same issue with IE status bar, only in the conversation page, and it will save, and I can see it there, however If I log out, and log back, it did not take the changes, example: play oldest first of the new messages,

any help or Ideas with this one ?

thanks