Views
Helpful
Replies

corporate directory for unified presence server

Pawan Arora
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing issue with directory in cisco unified presence server. I am using CUPS 8.5 without integration with LDAP server. I am unable to see any directory in Server. Is there a way to create a corporate directory in CUPS server which will automatically sysn with the unified personal communicator.

Regards,

Pawan Arora

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pawan,

Either you can set up a LDAP (the most convenient option) or a user has to manually add a contact to the presence enduser webpage to add a proper contact with presence info.

Obviously the LDAP is the most convenient way.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

hanstanl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pawan,

Could you please tell me what kind of functionality you seek for? It is not clear from the notes.

Presence is not integrated with the LDAP server, so what kind of directory you want to use?

Hi Hanson,

I do not want to integrate presence server with LDAP, but i want all presence user to be shown in CUPc client with their contact information.

Hi Pawan

LDAP is mandatory for CUPC. This is in the documentation.

If you don't have a suitable directory, you will need to set one up.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Pawan,

Either you can set up a LDAP (the most convenient option) or a user has to manually add a contact to the presence enduser webpage to add a proper contact with presence info.

Obviously the LDAP is the most convenient way.

Hi,

After upgrading the CUPS to 8.6, we can add contacts to a user in bulk. this will save the time but there is no option to add the contact numbers for those contact.

thanks for the support.

Regards,

Pawan Arora