Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a login for DRS

lumosjes
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, 

Our server team wants to login to the CUCM DRS to configure a new backup path (they are testing paths). Instead of giving them our main admin login details - How do I create a login for them to access DRS? 

I have created an admin user account but the credentials only allow access to CM Admin not DRS. I am unsure if I am over looking something or this can not be done due to other factors. 

We are on CUCM version 10.5.2

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The DRS uses OS Admin credentials and not CUCM Admin credentials. You will need to log into the CLI on your server and create a new account there.

Start with "set account name <name>" on the CLI and it will run you through a dialog to set the password and privilege level. I believe that the DRS requires a Privilege Level 1.

For more details on the command and on related commands, look at CLI Command Reference Guide for your version of CUCM. I don't think it's available online anymore because 10.5 is pretty old. But the commands for this haven't changed so you can look at a more recent guide and read about these commands.

Maren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

The DRS uses OS Admin credentials and not CUCM Admin credentials. You will need to log into the CLI on your server and create a new account there.

Start with "set account name <name>" on the CLI and it will run you through a dialog to set the password and privilege level. I believe that the DRS requires a Privilege Level 1.

For more details on the command and on related commands, look at CLI Command Reference Guide for your version of CUCM. I don't think it's available online anymore because 10.5 is pretty old. But the commands for this haven't changed so you can look at a more recent guide and read about these commands.

Maren

Thank you! That resolved my issue. 

After creating the account, I used that new account to sign into the CLI and it prompted me to update the password and after that I was able to sign into DRS with the newly created account.