cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSR8000v Demo CUBE

mmoulson2
Level 1
Level 1

What are the options to use the CSR8000v in demo mode for CUBE?

Reading the install guide it says "CUBE does not require any boot level configuration before you enable it. After purchase, you can refer to the configuration guide to configure the available Cisco UBE features."

Does that mean there is no option for any demo licenses?

I have previously work with the CSR1000v and you could download a demo license from the Cisco portal.

The problem is I can't access any voice config currently (e.g. conf t, voice ?... there is no command) so I assume it needs something!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmoulson2
Level 1
Level 1

Seems you do need to change the boot level. I found another doc that stated network advantage is required for voice/UC gateways.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

b.winter
VIP
VIP

You can use the evaluation period of 30 days (I think).
And yes, you need to activate a DNA license (e.g. "license boot level network-essentials addon dna-essentials") on that router model, for the voice commands to show.

Everything documentated in the CUBE config guide https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-virtual-cube.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_b140f96b-c7d9-4f78-b70a-5a16d27835ca

Unbenannt.PNG

mmoulson2
Level 1
Level 1

Seems you do need to change the boot level. I found another doc that stated network advantage is required for voice/UC gateways.