cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUAC Advanced "Your extension xxxxxxxx is out of service. You will not be able to make or receive calls."

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have the task of configuring Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced 11.0.2 in a high availability integrated with CUCM 11.5(1)SU2.

The software has been installed and configured for one queue. All CTI devices on both servers are registered with CUCM.

When I log in I get the message "Your extension 12002501 is out of service. You will not be able to make or receive calls."

This phone is registered on CUCM and can be used to place and receive calls. It is not configured as an Extension Mobility phone.

I have tried the software on different PCs with different phones and always get the "Your extension is out of service message".

I have rebooted the CUAC servers and restarted the CTI services on the CUCM servers.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try (other than buying a decent third party console!).

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi James, finally I found a solution, I need to install following cop file in CUCM servers: ciscocm_tsp11_5_1_5_new_fix.cop.sgn.

As per bug #(CSCva87971).

This is detailed in Attendant console Release note, that there is a compatibility issue with CUCM 11.5(1)

I am sending the details from CUACA:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 11.5 shipped with a defect affecting interoperability with Cisco
Unified Attendant Console Advanced (CSCva87971). The defect was fixed in Engineering Special
version 11.5(1.13032-4) and will be integrated in to any later released versions. A COP file was made
available for users that are unable to upgrade to the Engineering Special.
Prior to deploying Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced 11.0.2.10, users with Cisco Unified
Communications Manager versions earlier than 11.5(1.13032-4) must either upgrade 11.5(1.13032-4)
(or later) or apply the COP file.
• The COP file is available for download here.
– This COP file will replace the existing TSP installer with a later fixed version. (Deployment
instructions can be found here.)
• To obtain the Engineering Special, users must open a Cisco TAC case referencing the defect
CSCva87971.

I instaled the cop files in all servers and then updated the TSP plugin of the Attendant server, every Works fine since that.

Hope this helps you!

Best regards

Gustavo

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try to manually install and configure the JTAPI in the machine that will be running CUACA client.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi! Have same problem with same version, did you get a solution?

Best regards

Gustavo

Hi Gustavo,

No I still have the same problem. I have only just cme back to this after working on other parts of the project.

I have tried re-installing the TAPI driver on the server but that did not help.

Have you made any progress since posting?

Regards

James

I have done a bit more testing of my issue.

All CTI ports and route points are registered which suggests to me that the TAPI software on the servers is ok.

When I login I still get the "Extension out of service" message.

I can dial using the "out of service" phone by clicking on a contact in the directory or by typing the number in the small windows at the bottom of the client.

If I call the queue pilot number I can see the call but cannot answer it.

If I dial the number of the operator's phone I can answer it using the CUAC client.

When I have a call up some features, such as transfer work, but others such as hold or park do not - I can park calls but not retrieve them.

Any ideas what could be causing this? - I am not using Extension Mobility or Shared Line on the operator phone.

Hi James, finally I found a solution, I need to install following cop file in CUCM servers: ciscocm_tsp11_5_1_5_new_fix.cop.sgn.

As per bug #(CSCva87971).

This is detailed in Attendant console Release note, that there is a compatibility issue with CUCM 11.5(1)

I am sending the details from CUACA:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 11.5 shipped with a defect affecting interoperability with Cisco
Unified Attendant Console Advanced (CSCva87971). The defect was fixed in Engineering Special
version 11.5(1.13032-4) and will be integrated in to any later released versions. A COP file was made
available for users that are unable to upgrade to the Engineering Special.
Prior to deploying Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced 11.0.2.10, users with Cisco Unified
Communications Manager versions earlier than 11.5(1.13032-4) must either upgrade 11.5(1.13032-4)
(or later) or apply the COP file.
• The COP file is available for download here.
– This COP file will replace the existing TSP installer with a later fixed version. (Deployment
instructions can be found here.)
• To obtain the Engineering Special, users must open a Cisco TAC case referencing the defect
CSCva87971.

I instaled the cop files in all servers and then updated the TSP plugin of the Attendant server, every Works fine since that.

Hope this helps you!

Best regards

Gustavo

Thanks Gustavo,

That worked for me too - I really appreciate you taking the time to share this.

I guess I should be more diligent in reading release notes in the future!

Thanks again

James

Thanks Gustavo,
That worked for me too - I really appreciate you taking the time to share this.
I guess I should be more diligent in reading release notes in the future!
Thanks again
James