cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUAC Premium V 9 Transfer & Hold Issues

Henry Britz
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed CUAC v9 Premium (Non HA). The calls get through to the operators, but I cannot hold or park the calls from the operator consoles. There are 4 sites configured, each with their own CTI route point (DDI), own Gateway ports, own Service ports and Park ports. Each site got it's own Device Pool, Location and Calling Search spaces configured in CUCM v9.1.  I can answer the calls with the operator console, but have to transfer or hold the calls with the Cisco IP handset that belongs to the operator. The moment I try to transfer or hold the call with the operator console, it drops the call.

Any idea of what the issue can be?

Thanks

Henry         

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Usually this is caused by the original calling party (i.e. the gateway/trunk) not being able to see the CUxAC CTI Ports or transfer destination. CUxAC uses an older CTI behavior which doesn't use the CTI Port's own CSS when performing a transfer/redirect operation. Instead, CUCM ends up using the original calling party's CSS. This is the same behavior CCX used to have before they added the Redirecting CSS choice on the Triggers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Is this using CUAC 9.0 or 9.1?

In CUAC 9.1 it now uses the CTI Ports own CSS and not the originating device CSS.

However, a CSS issue is not likely to cut the call off, it just stops a number being dialed. With calls being cut off it sounds like there maybe a codec mismatch, are you using the TAPI Wave Driver on the CUAC Server or the Cisco Media Driver?

Jamie.

I'm using CUAC 9.1.

I'm using Cisco media driver.

Do I need to install TSP on the Switchboard PC's as well or only on the CUAC server?

Thanks

Henry

No you do not need the TSP on the PC's, only on the Server.

Take a look at the design guide (link below) on page 23 you will see details about Codec's, this may be your issue:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/CUAC_DG_V90120_E.pdf