Level 1

hello i need you r help to give a guide for config cube a

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The translation rules are not mandatory but as @Jaime Valencia mentioned it depends on your needs. For example:

• When you make outbound calls, which number you want to display as your caller ID, main office number of individual DID
  • When you receive inbound calls, in most cases service provider sends called number in E.164 format. If your extensions are 4 or 5 digits then you need to configure translations to route your calls. 

There are many different scenarios where you need to configure translation rules.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unified-border-element/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

i have another question does the translation rules it's mandatory i mean we must configure it if you can explain to me 

thank you  

Translation rules depend on your needs, you need to determine if you need them or not.

There's plenty of CUBE material on Cisco Live Sessions that you can review.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

The translation rules are not mandatory but as @Jaime Valencia mentioned it depends on your needs. For example:

• When you make outbound calls, which number you want to display as your caller ID, main office number of individual DID
  • When you receive inbound calls, in most cases service provider sends called number in E.164 format. If your extensions are 4 or 5 digits then you need to configure translations to route your calls. 

There are many different scenarios where you need to configure translation rules.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.