cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cucilync and Lync meetings

constantm
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a site that has Lync Server 2010 and CuciLync. I was not the one that implemented CuciLync so I could use a little direction. The issue is that when a regular user creates a meeting request using the Outlook New Online Meeting when anybody goes into the meeting Video/Audio/Desktop Sharing are all grayed out. There is another user that is at the site that we use to login that doesn't have a a phone or any information in CuciLync that I know of. When somebody uses that login and creates a meeting request as that person everything works fine in the meeting.

I have looked at conference policies and they are the same for everybody. I have looked at firewall/proxy's as being the possible issue with no luck.

The last thing I am thinking of is that something with the setup of CuciLync is blocking those in a meeting. What would I do to confirm this as being the case? Are there certain GPO's/Registries I should look at on the computer? Is there something in CUCM that can set that "feature". PC-To-PC desktop sharing works fine. I just find it strange that the person that I was testing that didn't have CuciLync works fine. The other two I tested that use CuciLync have the issue.

I created a machine with a fresh copy of Windows 7 and didn't join in to the domain. When I log into it as a local user and sign into Lync as one of the users experiencing the issue and try to go into one of his meetings still everything is grayed out. But if I use a meeting request that was created by the user that is not using CuciLync he can join and all meeting options are available.

2 Replies 2

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mark

CUCI Lync uses CUCM audio/video not Lync 2013. Usually when CUCI Lync is installed the intent is to use Lync for just IM/P and UC functions come from CUCM. Usually to avoid confusion with two call options one through Lync and one through CUCI Lync, Cisco recommends disabling voice/video in Lync for that user so that you don’t have two call options

Maybe check that piece

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080ba7d10.shtml#lyncprereq

1. Edit all the users to change Telephony settings to Audio/Video disabled (Recommended) and Commit the changes.

2. Try to log into Client Lync with one of the above user credentials to make sure that login works fine.

Note: It is recommended not to select the following telephony options for users:

o Enable Remote call control

o Enable Enterprise Voice

Thanks

Srini

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Thank you, Srini, for your help and feedback.

Mark,

I recommend you also post this and future technical support questions to the Cisco Support Community (https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa) where our Cisco technical support experts provide assistance. Another option is to open a ticket with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/go/support) to get expert debugging assistance.

We do encourage you to participate in the Cisco Collaboration Community and to also join our Cisco Collaboration User Group program!  In the community, we encourage your discussion/sharing around collaboration topics and Cisco Collaboration Solutions, including business and IT requirements, industry trends, process, culture/organization issues, how collaboration can be used to transform businesses, vendor selection, adoption, training, architecture, licensing, and product features/functionality. If you are a customer or partner, you can also join the user group program to be eligible for member-only events and influence product direction.

We hope to hear from you again.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community