Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC 8.0.3 high CPU load on laptop

Hi All,

I've a strange issue with a CUCIMOC client. In fact, on a HP Elitebook 8730 (Intel Core2Duo 2.8Ghz and over 2Gb RAM), we have the issue that the CUCIMOC client is taking a lot of CPU resources. Which causes indeed to a crash of the application - well not really but the whole computer is slow, really slow.

When I navigate into the interface, I can see that clicking on an option is also really slow. When I do a video call, we see that the image is freezing. Any idea? The cucimoc.exe is taking over 50% CPU.

Regards,

Martin

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUCIMOC uses much of the same code as CUPC 8 which has had similar reports. Are you using Trend Micro? There has been a defect CSCtj64783 surrounding that interaction. The only other thing I can think of is ensuring your video driver is working correctly. The UI uses DirectX which would take a hit if your video card isn't pulling the weight there.

Otherwise, we am running OCS2007R2 with MOC version 3.5.6907.37 and CUCIMOC version 8.0.785.15170 and have had no reports of this. The only thing we have heard from users has been a slowdown during startup but this is just due to CUCSF.exe running at a high priority; once loaded it settles down.

Thanks for your reply. Let me be a bit more explicit: here the specs of the laptop:

CPU : 2.93-GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T9800

RAM : 4Gb

HDD: 320Go 7200RPM
Graphics: Nvidia Quadro FX 2700M GPU, backed by 512MB of dedicated memory

I think this PC is good enough for CUCIMOC, right?

We are using the integrated (default) speakers and microphone of the laptop, we can use some headsets if needed. I'll test it tomorrow morning if it changes something.

I'll also do an upgrade of the graphic drivers to see if this will solve the issue but I don't think so because they are working quite well for other purposes.

We installed a CUCM 8.5.1 with CUCIMOC 8.0.3 (8.0.785.15170) for MOC for OCS 2007 R2. I think we have also the client version 3.5.6907.37, I need to confirm that asap.

Very strange situation, we have 3 PC's (2 HP workstations and 1 HP laptop), we have this freezing issue (high CPU usage) only on the HP laptop. Even without doing a call, the CUCIMOC menu (settings) is really slow to manipulate / configure. The CPU's are always working - when I close CUCIMOC, we are happy because no CPU load anymore.

Little mistake: the laptop has 2Gb of memory.

For your information, we installed the MOC client version 3.5.6907.206. I made as well an update of the graphic drivers to the latest NVIDIA release for Quadro graphics (260.99). No change, we still have the same issue.

I'll open a TAC case.